Monster.

T.W: Death

Louise's Pov
We sat inside the building where Dré's funeral was being held. A small group of people was invited, ranging from Dré's friends, myself, Charlie and Clara, Clara's friends, and her sister.

The clouds rumbled outside. It was a very gloomy day. Clara cleaned her eyes occasionally as her sister rubbed her back in small motions.

Charlie was seated behind me, his eyes still holding that hollow look with dark eye bags. Dre's death was hitting us hard.

Charlie was then called upon to say a few things about Dré. He moved toward the small stage and couldn't even fake a smile. He looked absolutely drained, so drained I thought he was going to pass out.

"Hello everyone. My name is Charlie. André...André was my best friend, the kindest person I'd ever met, and a very loyal friend too. He was way more than a driver to me. I have many regrets and I could say his death was my fault too. Nonetheless, the memories I made with him are forever engraved in my heart. I wish I had treated him better and cherished our time together a bit more. I hope you can rest easy now André. I'm sorry." Charlie gave his speech and as he finished, a tear fell from his right eye.

He tried forcing a smile and walked over to where Dré lay in the casket. He stood there looking at him for some minutes before retreating to his seat beside me.

I held his hand that was placed on his knee and gave it a little squeeze. It was my turn to give a speech so anxiously I stood up and walked up the stage.

"Hi. I'm Louise. I also am at fault for what happened to Dré and would never forgive myself for it. However, every memory in my head about Dré is golden. Both the bad and the good ones. We have a personal history that I won't disclose to you all, but we didn't have enough time to clear the air and become good friends again. I didn't spend much time with him and couldn't give him what he wanted. Yet he..." my voice cracked and I cleared my throat.

"He took a knife stab for me. If I could go back in time, I would reverse the roles and prevent him from getting in the way. I miss you Dré. I'm sorry for putting you through this and thank you once again for saving my life." I said looking at the audience who either cried or looked empty, staring into nothingness.

I looked at Dré as he lay peacefully in a deep sleep he would never wake up from. What I would give to see those blue eyes shine with life once more.

I got down from the stage and took my seat. Charlie looked at me and gave me a weak smile which I returned.

One by one, everyone who had something to say took the stage and poured their hearts out. Clara's eyes were swollen and red and didn't seem to stop secreting tears the whole time.

She stood up and swayed a little, her sister steadying her. "You don't have to make a speech Clara." Her sister said to her. Clara looked weak. She hadn't eaten or drank a thing since Dré's passing.

Neither have me and Charlie. Everyone's been trying to cope in their own little way.

"Let me say my final goodbyes." She said quietly and walked away from us.

"Everyone. Thank you for coming to see André off today, I really appreciate your time. When my husband Sebastian was alive, we went to an adoption center to adopt a kid. As many of you know, I couldn't conceive a child.

When I saw André with his blue eyes and curly hair and giggling frame, I knew he was my own. I wonder if I had never adopted him, he wouldn't have had his life taken from him so young." Tears were streaming down her face but she didn't touch them and let them continue to wet her cheeks.