Swan Lake.

T.W: Mentions of Suicide.

Charlie's Pov
I heard knocks on my door and so I said "come in"
and Louise entered my room.

I wasn't expecting to see her so I looked away from her and stared at the television screen instead. She wasn't making this any easier for me by being like this.

"Mr. Charlie." she said. Maybe if I ignore her for a bit she'll leave the room.

"Charlie." She said after a few seconds and I sharply turned my head toward her. She doesn't know what she does to me when she says my name like that. She took that as a sign and took some steps closer to me.

"Why have you been avoiding me? My head has overheated from the millions of thoughts that have run through it. I kept trying to figure out what it was I had done wrong for you to keep me at a distance."

I stared at her wide-eyed as she paced my room.

"Can't you just tell me? I'm sorry, okay? Just say something to me." She stopped and looked at me.

With the way she looked at me, my heart lurched and I almost gave in. But this was for her own protection. Her eyes bore into mine and I hated myself for making her think she had wronged me.

My mind flew back to that moment years ago when André and I hung out together and met my father when he got back home.

"See to it that this never repeats itself. Ever. Or else, I'll make sure they never see the crack of daylight. You know how capable I am of doing that. If you want to protect them, treat them as employees and nothing more."

Then it flew back to when he stormed into my office to after he slapped me across my face.

"I've gone soft on you, haven't I? You've had the nerve to speak back to me even back then when you first introduced her to me." He said in a spiteful manner.

I opened my mouth and moved my jaw looking down to collect myself before staring him down and replying. "It's not me talking back to you, it's called having a conversation and that's what we're doing."

"Go on three dates with Becca and propose to her." He said ignoring my previous statement.

"I beg your pardon?"

"You heard me right." He held his hands behind his back and straightened his form.

"Why are you in such a hurry?"

"You've known Becca for years along with Daniel and we have partnerships with them both. If we want to secure our place in this society, marry Rebecca. That way our family will rule London, can you imagine the power we'll hold?" He gave a wicked smile, his eyes glistening with greed.

"Haven't you had enough Father? How much more do you want to satiate your greed?!" I screamed.

"I thought you would understand when you got a little older. It seems you have yet to. You'll understand it as you age, I'm doing this all for you and your mother."

"No. You're doing this for you. You can't ever get enough. I no longer have to do as you say." I pointed my index finger toward him and said to him with a scowl on my face.

"It's because of her right? Louise Jackson isn't she? Lives with her mom. Divorced parents." He said walking towards the armchair and sitting on it.

"Did you run a background check on her? Don't you dare touch her."

"A-ha! So I was right. Son. If you want to climb higher and be successful in life, you have to cut off your weaknesses or at least do a good job hiding them. And how do you hide them? By attaining power!" He exclaimed.