Hotel? Trivago.

A week had passed since the breakup.

Okay, we can't exactly call it a breakup because we weren't dating.

But you get the gist.

Not a word has been said. I had a massive feeling of de ja vu, but this time Dré didn't even make eye contact with me. To be honest, I actually appreciated the distance.

It was still very awkward between us and it would have to take some getting used to. Not having Dré as a part of my daily routine sucked but I couldn't keep leading him on when I wasn't sure of my own feelings.

"Louise."

"Huh." My boss's voice broke me out of my thoughts. I was in the backseat with Mr. Charlie and Dré was driving in front. We were making our way to Mr. Charlie's office. Not the headquarters.

"Where is your mind at?" My boss asked me with a frown on his face.

"Nowhere. My apologies. Could you please repeat what you just said?" I winced and Mr. Charlie sighed pinching the corner of his eyes with his fingers.

"I asked what was on my schedule for today?"

"Right. You have a meeting at 9 am with Cooper Industries. Lunch with Miss Rebecca Adams. You also have two major contracts to sign and you have a meeting with the manager of the art gallery this evening."

"Any dinner plans?" He asked not looking up from the papers he was reading in his hands.

"Um. No. You're free for tonight." Which also means I'm getting off early. Yes!

"Good. We're having dinner then." The smile on my face turned into an awkward smile and I turned to my boss.

"Pardon? We?"

He finally looked up at me. "I never really held a celebratory party for your employment and you've been working to the bone lately.

I guess no Netflix for me tonight.

"Let's have dinner together Louise." He looked me straight in the eye which led me to wonder, does this man never get anxious? He's always staring into my soul and making me nervous for no reason. I couldn't break eye contact though, his stare trapped me in the position I was in and I couldn't dare to move.

Dré must've hit the brakes because my head suddenly hit the back of the driver's seat as the car came to a halt.

"Sorry. Red light." He muttered.

"Be careful." Mr. Charlie said coldly and turned to me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I bumped my head a bit but I'm fine." I was in fact, the opposite of fine. My head was already spinning from the look my boss gave me and the impact increased the dizziness. Today's going super great.

Was Dré upset I was having dinner with Mr. Charlie?

I kicked my heels off and slumped into my chair. My boss had a full schedule today and so I've been on my feet all day. And they were killing me.

I haven't really talked about my office have I? Well, I have an office. It's opposite Mr.Charlie's and it's way smaller than his, but it's very nice.