Personal favorite.

There's no way I had just exclaimed in an annoyed tone in front of my boss. His eyes held anger as he looked at me and I instinctively took a minuscule step backward.

"I beg your pardon?" He finally said after about a minute of silence.

Okay, Lou, everything will be fine as long as you don't say something stupid.

"What I meant to say was that you told me to get out without saying a thank you for the food or something like that." I said quietly and mentally facepalmed myself.

He dropped his cutlery back on the plate and it made a loud sound at the contact. He then stared at me with an incredulous look on his face and said. "Who do you think you are? You've only been here for two days and now you think you have the right to say whatever you like?"

He was seething in anger as he said every word and I did not know why. He might find the anger management videos more important to him than it is to me.

"No, I-"

"Get out."

"But sir-"

"Get out of my office now!" He slammed his hand on the table causing me to flinch.

I left without saying a word as my heart hammered rapidly inside my chest and my breathing was uneven.

My blood suddenly felt hot and I walked down the steps in my own anger. "He didn't even give me a chance to explain or apologize!"

I threw my hands up in exasperation and walked out the front door. Dré was already seated inside the car as I opened the car door, sitting in the passenger's seat.

"How do you deal with that guy? He's so...Urgh!" I yanked the seatbelt from its holster as I buckled in and folded my arms.

"Who?" Dre said chuckling and turning on the ignition.

I turned to look at him. "Who else besides our egotistical boss?!"

"Well, the master is quite fond of himself."

"Fond? He acts like he's the only person that matters in the world and looks down on everyone. And enough with the whole 'the master' thing. He really wants everyone to kiss his arse doesn't he?" I ranted angrily, fisting my hands.

"You'll get used to it Scarlet." My hands softened as blood flowed to my cheeks. I stared at Dré whose eyes were glued to the road and turned my face toward the window immediately to hide my blush.

Why was I blushing?

"What's the matter? Did I say something offensive?" He exchanged glances between the road and me quickly as I shrunk into my seat getting redder by the second.

What is wrong with me?

"You called me Scarlet. Why?" I asked in a low voice.

"It could be my little nickname for you since it looks like we'll be around each other a lot. Or do you not like the name?"

I turned my face away from the window and stared at him. "No, I didn't say that. I...I guess you could call me that if you like."

Now I'm stuttering? Real smooth Lou.

He let out small laughter and the rest of the ride was quiet until he pulled into the parking lot of a big supermarket I had definitely not seen before.

"What is this place?" I asked unbuckling my seatbelt and gaping at the large building.

"This is the master's supermarket. We only get our groceries from here."

It was my turn to laugh but Dré's face looked serious. "Wait he actually owns this? Just how rich is he?" I got out of the car as Dre followed suit.

"You have no idea." He chuckled said and chuckled