Chapter 26 - A trip to Neverland

'Love me like
the moon intended,
all the way
through her darkness'
____________________

'Love me like the moon intended,all the waythrough her darkness'____________________

A trip to Neverland

Sadhvi’s POV

I looked outside the small taxi we hired to drive us to Rohtang pass, the highest point nearest Manali, where we are to find snow, too much snow.

I was tucked tight inside my dark maroon puffed jacket with a sweater, a warmer and a top underneath. I was wearing two pants, one thermal and the other my cigarette pants over. Two layers of socks and my same brown uggs.

Avrudh made me wear a woolen cap on the top of my head and I voluntarily went to wear gloves. I was a cold baby with 24*7 running cold body temperature.

I made Avrudh wear nothing less, he was by himself wrapped up completely, but the man denied to wear hand gloves saying they annoy him to core and the ear cuffs ruin his hairstyle.

We were informed by the cab driver thay the roads are likely to shut down soon because it was announced to snow the probably from the next morning and Rohtang Pass being the highest peak here, with steep roads was a risky path to drive on.

He even informed us about the huge number of cars meeting accidents here.

Nothing I haven't heard before.

The moment my eyes saw white of the snow on the walls of mountains I beamed looking at Avrudh, “The last I was here, I was 16 years old

“The last I was here, I was 16 years old. My whole family came here on summer vacation”

Avrudh smiled looking at me,
“If you feel any difficulty in breathing or your head starts to ache inform me, okay?”

I nodded absentmindedly looking again out of the car window.
I wasn’t scared of altitude sickness.

“I have been on high mountains before, altitude got nothing on me” I said patting my back to which Avrudh just shook his head.

We climbed out of the car when the cab driver informed us this was the farthest he can take us, we need to walk ahead by ourselves.
We exchanged the contact details and he told us it will take us a lot more than three hours to finally decide to leave. The scenery was that enchanting.