Chapter 7 - Expected

'She was always wild,
but he had made her free'
-Atticus

________________________

Expected

Sadhvi's POV

It wasn’t even eighty thirty in the morning yet when I arrived his driveway.

It wasn’t expected from my part that I would be allowed to drive inside past his house gates but his guards allowed me and easily at that.

My mind reminded me that they had my car number registered the last time I was here but I was too distracted to register that.

Leaving my house I hopped inside my car in rage to get the answers.

This moment waiting outside his house, looking at the open door I was having existentional crisis.

Was my anger and question even valid?

But it was too late now to doubt myself.

His house help was standing outside my door, waiting for me to move so that he can open the door for me.

I was suddenly aware that my arrival was totally expected.

He knew I will come.

With a little pep talk and a procedure of collecting myself together I smiled at the boy and he opened the door for me,

“Welcome ma’am” he greeted

I smiled nodding my head because I couldn’t find my voice, the brain of mine was preparing a speech and I couldn’t risk spilling a hint or two out to the help provider.

One step up the front porch I was dreading my decision yet again, still I wasn’t known to back out.

I took in a deep breath and made my way inside and not caring for audience, I called out,

“Mr. Avrudh Dhillon”

Not in rage but in anxiousness for sure.

With no response I moved my eyes to look around the house which was exactly the same how I have last seen.

Nothing has changed. Same calm and peaceful interior.

I looked to the right when my peripheral vision caught a slight flicker and to my death I saw the man.

The man I saw that day with my friends, when we were out for clubbing.

He was looking at me with a small smile lingering his plum peach lips, the smile curved his moustache line and moved the muscles of his cheeks.

I wanted nothing but to stare.

I was right that day. This man indeed needed security and bodyguards to guard his beauty.

I even joked about being his bodyguard but never in my small span of life I imagined us to be destined.

Woah! Stop right there Sadhvi!

Is this acceptance I am hearing?
Only his face was required for you to give in?

I blinked and just like that I remembered why I was here to begin with.

I wanted him to make me accept. I wanted him to make me say yes.

His face was resting on his right palm as he was turned to look at me.
He was eating his breakfast.