Chapter 19 - The Talk

'She's made up of
sweet tea and poetry'
-country girl

________________________

The talk

Avrudh's POV

I was pissed.

There wasn’t just one reason for that, there were many.

The way he smiled at her pissed me, the way he walked up and she smiled at him, said clearly they shared some memory in the past- no matter good or bad- that thought too pissed me.

The way he looked at her up and down made me aware that my wife is wearing an extremely tempting outfit with thigh high slit, she was looking like an enchantress straight coming from the heavens divine, everybody was witnessing her beauty and when he looked at her with no bad intention had me seeing red.

Wasn't he supposed to be a villian?
He wasn't supposed to stand there with that admiring look in his eyes.

I wanted him to be a bad character which he wasn’t proving himself to be.

He was intimidated that twitching smile explained, I am used to of leaving that effect on people but jealousy was a new emotion to me, I realised shocking myself.

Sadhvi was messing with my system completely.
I am not that sane Avrudh anymore like I used to be.

He praised her like he prayed once to be a part of her life, once he wanted to be the reason for the gleam in her. Like once he wanted to mean something so bad to her, so much so badly.

He adored her that was clearly written. And I was so jealous for that. If only we were destined to meet earlier. Sadhvi and I.

I was aware of my wife’s beauty, I was aware she is a people person, she just need to smile and everybody come falling down at her feet. She is loved by everyone. I know.

The fact of men like him being a part of her past pissed me, which should be doing the opposite because she chose me not them.
She wanted me only never them.

And the asshole me realised that after I ruined the happy mood back on stage, where she left me to talk to my mother and by the looks of it, she hasn’t complained about me being an asshole yet.

I sighed once again and looked at my glass of whiskey, it was just my first glass after the wine so I wasn’t there yet and planned to keep it that way. I had my wife to make up to.

“So… How’s life going?” a voice I got familiar with fifteen minutes ago said beside me.

Wrong timing sir. Very wrong.

 Not wanting to look at him I looked ahead and sighed saying,
“I am tired. Three days of non-stop running here and there got me.”

He laughed and turned so that his back was leaning against the counter,
“You are a lucky man”

And an A class asshole too

I nodded anyways

“You know back during our graduation internship days, I think almost every guy in our department had a crush on her. Even our seniors.”

Clearly not helping

“You know there are some people we meet and couldn’t learn to hate them even if you want to, she is one of them. When she rejected me I wanted like crazy to hate her but I could never bring myself to.”

I turned too, suddenly the idea of my wife rejecting every guy fascinated me, I looked at where he was looking and found him staring right at her, she was talking to Rajveen.