Chapter 22- It was nothing

'She belonged to him,
not because it was something he demanded but
because it was something she couldn't help'
-JMStorm

___________________________

It was nothing

Sadhvi’s POV

I didn’t know what it was that woke me up when my eyes opened in the morning, but looking through the curtained window I had an idea it was past my usual time.

My eyes widened when I found Avrudh’s arm on my stomach and I stopped breathing when I felt him breathing on my nape.

Too close!

Too...too close!

It was becoming a habit of his.

I was searching for a comfortable position last night when he wrapped me in his arms, cocooned me to him. I still remember how I exhaled a long breath finding solace in his embrace.

I tapped the arm wrapped around my stomach not scaring him like last time, but he sure was a heavy sleeper.

“Avrudh,” I tapped whispering

He didn’t move.

“Avi baba, wakey wakey” I said in a sing song tone tapping again yet he didn’t move

I turned in his arms and faced his sleeping face. I was once again bombarded with a truck load of emotions.

Never in my life have I been this close to a specimen we call male, but here am I, sleeping in his embrace, breathing the same air.
The male I chose for myself. Soulmates, I want to call us.

Like Shiv-Parvati, his family guru said.

A shy smile made it's way itself on my face.

Ever heard of stealing?
I was planning to execute a crime similar to that.

I wanted to say so many things to him but nothing I had with me to utter at the same time. I had something of mine I needed to take from him. I gave him that thing on the night of our engagement and I wanted that back.

If I to ask for his permission, what was going to happen I wasn’t ready to think about that, I was concentrating on the moment, I needed to have it back.

This turmoil was unsettling.

I wasn’t feeling good about it.

Without lifting myself up I inched my face closer to him. Once I was there- the place I wanted to be- I kissed him.

Avrudh remained there unresponsive, so unaware of my actions. I pulled back soon, somehow the idea of just a peck wasn’t enough for my morning appetite.