Chapter 28 - Mr. Dhillon is here

'Collapse into me,
just once.
I promise
you'll never have to fall again'
-perry poetry
_______________________

Mr. Dhillon is here

Avrudh’s POV

After the last hearing, my mood was a little foul, there are lawyers, much older than me that don’t know how to be formal sometimes.

We are standing in front of the justice for god’s sake there are some manners to respond to accordingly.

I have to stoop low and ask them to be professional not go accusing without solid proofs often. And I did just that in the last hearing.

I walked into my cabin with heavy steps and drank a glass of water my assistant just kept in front of me, “Thank you” I said

“Welcome sir. Sir about tomorrow, you have three cases more and Mr. Ranjit Singh’s assistant was insisting to meet you”

I nodded at him, “I will read the files for the case and set a meeting with Mr. Vinod for the day after tomorrow.”

 He nodded keeping a note of it.

“I will be going then, thanks  Kaushik”               

“Anytime sir” He nodded again handing me my bag and hugging the files for the cases to his stomach.

I walked out of the court with him following me.

I sat inside my car silently and nodded at my assistant when he kept the files and my bag at the passenger seat. The driver took off soon.

“Drop me to Sadhvi’s clinic and give these files to Grace aunty at home”

“Ji sir” he said and took a turn left exiting the court premises completely. The smooth driver he was drove with a speed of 50 kmph only.

I sighed as I leaned against the seat and ran a hand through my hair, I combed them to assure myself they are presentable.
I undid the top button of my white shirt and rolled my cuffs upto my elbows looking outside the car window.

My thoughts shifted to Sadhvi, how the woman entered my life and created an havoc.

She turned every neat thing upside down, turning everything messy and here I stood still not complaining. I needed that mess on my part. The disturbance she brought with her was much wanted. Always welcomed.

My thoughts were not mine now, my feelings stopped being for me, every word I was speaking reminded me of her, this brain stopped working and this heart stopped beating for me. Everything ran up to her.

She had me all wrapped around her fingers.

We I laugh my ears ring her laughter, when I hear myself talking I learn in her voice and when I walk I see her slipping gracefully.

It is all her

Her wish my command. Her step my heaven. I was that whipped.

I smiled remembering how she blushed when I cornered her against the wall. How she turned like a bird she is, when I confessed my half feelings to her. I let out half of the tension off my heart this morning and I still wasn’t feeling better.

Because incomplete confession always feel agonising, I need to let more out. I wanted to speak more out.
I have started and I needed to end it now.

Sadhvi in my arms was a feeling I find myself now addicted to. Every night leaving my side I was travelling the inches to reside in a new frame.

She owned my being.