Chapter 16 - Welcome

'I call her the devil cause
she makes me wanna sin
and everytime
she knocks I can't help but let her in.'

_________________

Welcome

Sadhvi's POV

I wanted to wash my face, my mascara was running off after so much of crying I did while parting from my family... I deserved at least that much.

From the passenger seat of the car, Jagriti, Avrudh’s younger cousin sister who was seven months pregnant handed me a wet face wipe. I wiped all the near possible smudging of my make-up and sighed.

I wanted to pee. Bad.

Somebody remedy that too.

I didn’t get the chance to empty my bladder from the past seven hours and now it was about to explode. If this prolongs I am going to become an incontinence patient and the treatment will be done by me itself.

Beside me Avrudh was looking out of the window, he wasn’t good dealing with people crying, I calculated.
The whole time the man stood there with this fist clenched staring at me with blank face and now he was too confused to react.

Even though I was still on a verge of crying remembering my family, I smiled.

He is cute.

Avrudh sighed and turned to look at me, I moved my eyes downcast feeling caught, then he moved his hand in front of me.
Confused, I looked at his hand and then slowly at his face; he nodded towards the tissue in my hand. I was searching where to keep it earlier.

I handed it to him and he slipped it inside the pocket of his navy blue sherwani. I was so lost in myself this whole day and afternoon that I forgot to compliment him, he was looking incredibly handsome.

So delicious as if Sabyasachi model.

He tried to offer a small smile to me, that infamous Avrudh's little smile gazing his lips and I just blinked at him—I will be fine.

I looked out of the window, too much I was sitting aware of his eyes on me now. Avrudh held my hand which was previously resting on my lap and interlaced our fingers.

If anything I wanted to pee even bad now.

Dear lord.

I looked at our joined hands and at him, he just patted there on my dorsum of hand and smiled small at me once again.

That mere gesture spoke loads to me. I said just now to myself that he wasn’t good with handling emotions but he sure knew how to handle mine. He threatening a route to my heart with this consistency.

He gave me time because I needed time. Now that I was a little better he was expressive once again not hiding, holding on to me tight.

I was suddenly informed in my head, this man, here sitting beside me holding my hand is going to be the best thing that ever happened to me. He is going to join me in my joy and my sorrows holding my hand being my supportive wall.

 I wanted be someone exact. Will I be successful or not that’s for our fates to tell.

We arrived at the Dhillon’s family house and all the relatives gathered outside the house to welcome the bride.

I was the owner of the attention, it was both a complaint and compliment.

Avrudh exited the car telling me to wait, he jogged upto my side and opened the door for me. He held his hand and pulled me out.
I couldn’t be more happier, the outfit I was wearing was heavier than me.