Chapter 39- My smile

"Oh what love we find
when we aren't even looking."

_______________________

My smile

Sadhvi’s POV

I stood there sipping my glass of red wine, talking with my best friend, her husband and my sister when my husband flashing his dimples approached me.

As soon as he was by my side his hand like having a mind of its own snaked the curve of my back.
I looked at him through my lashes, he only winked at that, moving his head back to join in the conversation breaking.

“It is true Sadhvi is scary if she wants to be” Devang said shrugging at me

Avrudh laughed, nodding his head his hand pinched my side secretly, I elbowed him lightly in the stomach.

“I am not! That’s is just my elder sister instinct kicking in”
I defended my poor soul

Rajveen laughed patting my cheek,
“And I love you for that”

Devang continued only,
“Your elder sister instinct is justified only when it comes to Meheka and Sanidhya but why Rajveen?”

Rajveen laughed giving me a flying kiss.

Before I could say something in my defense Devang looked at Avrudh before continuing,
“Sadhvi, when I first met her, interrogated me like a detective would have. She held me almost by my ear to inspect whether I am capable to be Rajveen’s husband or not”

By now Avesh was there too. They all laughed as soon as the words registered.

I gasped freeing myself from Avrudh’s grasp.

“I do that only because I need to protect them all. I can’t afford them getting hurt. The world is a terrible place, we keep on meeting wrong people.”

Avrudh tried holding me back when I pushed even,
“I like to protect what is mine”

“That’s a strange obsession you have going there, bhabhi” Avesh said smiling

I narrowed my eyes at him,
“You are yet to be approved mister, so watch that mouth of yours before uttering something”

Avesh’s eyes widened almost when he looked at me and then back at Meheka. She only shrugged hugging me.
“You are still walking on thin ice, Avesh”

“I love you for that” she said and kissed my cheek. Rajveen also hugged me from behind kissing my other cheek
“Me too. I love you”

I only pursed my lips wiping both of my cheeks. I cringed pulling off,
“No, painting my cheeks please”

The ladies laughed.

Avrudh tried holding my hand,
“That is the only reason I fell for her, she protects her people and I protect her”