Chapter 15 - It was all a game

'Come dance with
my wildness
and play in my beautiful mess
and drip wild poetry on
my lips
when we kiss'
By butterfly rising
_____________________

It was all a game

Sadhvi's POV

Both Avrudh and I were seated with elders. They were our guests gathered to join in our happiness.

Distant relatives left by the time almost mid-night kicked in.

Our parents were leaving too, soon. Well that is what I was hoping for.

They sat among themselves talking about how things went and how to do what is to be done next. We have a wedding to plan within 12 days.

The youth side of the party was across the venue, seated near the bar occupying the lounge area. Even from here I was searching for the place where I will be resting my ass on.

The criteria for my liking was simple, one very comfortable well cushioned chair near the fire place.

I don't like cold or cool breeze. Not even a bit.
Neither do I like heat or sunlight and don't get me started with Rain.

There were almost twelve or fourteen of them in our team. Including Meheka, Avesh, Sanidhya, Rajveen and Shireen (their families left), Avrudh's elder cousin sister Jiya and younger cousin Jagriti with some friends of Avrudh, their names I was yet to remember.

Avrudh bumped his head with mine sideways and leaned in close to whisper in my ear,
"We should join the people our age. Don't you think?"

Despite the hair that come alive on my nape I smiled a little shy at him nodding towards our parents. We can't leave if they are still here, Avrudh.

Something established between us after the date night.
Maybe it was mutual liking or maybe infatuation or maybe it was our feelings developing, I sure was enjoying it.
A little shy sometimes and little bolder next, I was watching myself changing colours.

He, still leaning into me sighed in my ear and my whole being went to mars.

Holy fuck!

How erotic was that.

He pulled back to his normal position and leaning onto his chair he looked at his watch saying,
"Oh it's 12:45 already, time just moves so fast in winter"

Avrudh, did something to my tender heart and now was acting all oblivious, as if he isn't aware about me listening my heartbeats in my ears.

He said that loud and every eye looked into their respective watches, few gaze on the mobile phone screens too.

Nodding to themselves our parents decided to leave,
"We didn't realise, both of you had your cocktail to attend too"

Kanika aunty said from my side and cupped my chin to pull my face down so that she could kiss me forehead saying,
"I am looking forward to see you as my daughter in law"

I beamed and bend to touch her feet when she hugged me.

"Enjoy your party kids"
My papa ji said and walked out with Samarpreet uncle beside him. Few more chairs shuffled.

My mother kissed my forehead and walked out with Harpreet bua ji and Kanika aunty and few of their relatives on tow.

Behind me Avrudh sighed deep.

One time he was far and the next he was standing so close to me now, I was enjoying the warmth his body was radiating.

By now I was wrapped in a Shawl- my warm as my soul shawl- but it was helpful just a little, if it wasn't for Avrudh leaning close to me every now and then I would be an ice block by now.