6. Arcane

This Chapter is dedicated to two people...

First and foremost myloveislarry

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, DARLING !
I read your message yesterday and wanted to wish you right away, but then thought about giving you a surprise (if it'd even be called that after so many days 😔) for your birthday. I hope you had an amazing birthday though. Love you ! 💙🎂🎉😘

And now, to today's birthday boy. Our very own personal kitten / sun / babyboybear, BOOBEAR ! WISHING HIM THE HAPPIEST 9TH BIRTHDAY ! 🎂🎉💙😘

Happy Louis Day and a Merry Christmas Y'all !!! 🎄🎉

P. S. There is a part in this chapter which could be triggering for some of you. I've put a warning before it starts, so please look into it.

Also, this chapter is poorly edited, so let me know if you find any mistakes, I'll fix them. 💙

——

Word Count : 15k

~~~~~~~~~~~~

(New York, February 2018)

———

Reaching outside of his bedroom door, Harry took a moment to think about what just happened. His hand was holding onto the metal doorknob as his heart was thumping loudly. He was nervous about what would happen from this moment on but he was beyond scared to even imagine what would be Louis' reaction when he'd wake up. Or his brother's after he would come back to himself.

Taking in a heavy breath, Harry finally decided to turn the doorknob.

Edward was about to pull the blanket over Marcel and Louis when Harry shut the door behind him, distracting the latter for a moment from his task. Edward glanced at his way for a split second before he carefully covered the new mates to their chest. Edward had lent Marcel a pair of his sweatpants and t-shirt, Harry noticed, meanwhile Louis was wearing Harry's olive green sweatshirt. The fact that it was a perfect fitting for Harry but on the omega, it was looking excessively oversized, it was warming the Alphas' hearts.

Marcel was still drowsy, his eyes blinking lazily but his hold on his omega was still strong. And Louis was too trying to get as close to him as possible. If one would look they'd think, he was trying to hide inside his Alpha's chest.

Harry jerked back when a hand out of nowhere touched his cheek. It was Edward.

" Hey - hey... It's okay. It's just me." Edward cupped his face between his palms before slowly bringing their faces together to rest their foreheads against each other. Harry let out a throaty chuckle as he wrapped his fingers around Edward's hands, nuzzling his face against his palm. He was still a little shaken up.

" Sorry, s' just seeing him like that —I don't know, I still can't —" Harry didn't know how to finish that sentence. Closing his eyes, he gulped loudly to contain his emotions.

Edward nudged his face with his nose before kissing the single drop of tear that slipped from his right eye. " Don't do it. Please don't put yourself under any stress."

" I'm scared." his voice cracked, trying hard to not cry. Edward immediately wrapped him in his arms. " Please don't leave me." Harry whimpered into his neck, caging his mate tightly in his grasp out of fear. Fear of losing any of his mates.

Edward's lips parted but no sound came out of them. He was shocked.  " Haz, why do you think that I'd ever leave you? "

But before Harry could answer his question, a low growl made both of them look at where their other mates were on the bed.