11. Eccedentesiast

(A/N : Just wanna say a huge thanks to my soul-sista for pulling me out of a 18 months long writers block.

The chapter was 80% done way before but I just couldn't write one part which was too difficult for me to convey in words, and she flippin helped me with it!

Love ya, My Anam Cara 💛🧡! )

——

Word Count: 14k

~~~~~~~~~~~~

(New York, February 2018)

———

Low whimpers were escaping through the parted lips of the omega who was hiding in his chest was the reason for Niall's restless sleep once again. Every time his eyes would shut for a moment, either a groan or a whine would jerk him out of his slumber to curl his arms around the warm body next to him, out of concern.

He would try and hush him back to sleep but to no avail, neither his comforting words would put the fidgety omega's mind to calm.

" What's wrong, Lou?" Niall was nuzzling his face on top of Louis' head.

"I don't know!" Louis' loud groan defused into a soft cry for help as he clutched his eyes tightly in frustration. "Why can't I sleep so easily as I used to before!? It's so frustrating to keep twisting and turning for hours before I finally get a little bit of peaceful sleep! Argh!"

Instead of getting angry or frustrated like any other person after hearing the same or even worse complaints, four days in a row while getting one's sleep and lifestyle disturbed, Niall surprised Louis with a soft chuckle and a kiss on his forehead.

Pulling him close to his heart and running his fingers through his hair, Niall murmured, "Now, I would love to explain it all to you, why this is happening but knowing you, I'd very much like to keep my limbs intact. So yeah, maybe next time or you can ask one of my Alphas."

There was silence for a while in the room before Louis' grumbling voice bounced off Niall's chest.

" You know if eyes could kill, there would be two rather big holes in your chest by now. "

Niall let out a loud laugh while throwing his legs over Louis' making the bed shake with the intensity of his laughter. Louis couldn't help but smile into his chest at the beautiful sound.

" Oh, so that's why I was feeling so warm in my chest! And here I thought I was having gastric issues ."

Louis didn't waste a moment before slapping his back when Niall faked a fart through his mouth. " Ass." Niall kept laughing.

"Did you open the window?" Louis asked a few moments later pulling his face out of his chest as a yawn made its way out of his mouth.

Niall nodded yes.