5. Serendipity

🗨️Comment  🌟Vote  🙃

Word Count : 10K

Happy Valentine's Day... 💕
〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

(New York, February 2018)
.

It was the day after Louis slapped Harry. Louis was in his office and was working on to shortlist some of the new artists that he thought would be good to go through the next round of their selection process. Thankfully Harry didn't show up to drive him crazy evenmore. He was already stressed out after what had been going in his life ever since the tall green eyed alpha appeared . But for him the rough time was just about to begin.

When his phone started ringing, Louis jumped on his chair as he was too engorged in his work. He looked at the caller ID and a smile came onto his face as he answered the call.

" Hey, Love !"

But soon that smile turned down and his face was frowning . As soon as the call ended, Louis abruptly started closing all the files, and after logging out of his computer and picking up his things, he was rushing out of his office .

Niall and Zayn were in their office and Liam was attending a meeting in Brooklyn. When Louis barged into the room, Niall startled on his seat from the loud bang of the door on the wall. Zayn was standing next to him protectively in a blink of an eye.

" Lou ? What happened ?" Zayn asked rushing to his side, when he noticed his condition . Niall as well scrambled up from sofa and rushed to him.

" I-I need to go. Lottie just called, mum's in the hospital." Louis looked from Zayn to Niall with tears in his eyes.

Niall's heart dropped as he pulled him into his arms immediately.

" She'll be alright, okay. Don't you worry about it. I'll come with you. "

Niall said and pulled him back from the hug, wiping his cheeks. Louis shook his head.

" No, it's okay. I'll go by myself. For now at least. And if I'll need you, I'll call you." He said, sniffling.

Niall looked at him in concern , " Are you sure ? Lou, please, I don't mind."

Louis nodded his head,  " Yeah, I'll be okay. But I'll let you know. I'll keep you updated as soon as I'll reach there. "

" Lou, the next flight to Nebraska is in less than two hours. You need to hurry up. Go and get your things from your flat, I'll book the ticket." Zayn informed him. He immediately started looking for flights as soon as Louis told them about her mother.

Louis nodded and once again gathered up his things before he was rushing out of the room.

" Thank you so much, Guys. And I'm really sorry tha-"

" Just go you idiot !" Zayn exclaimed as he was filling Louis information into the travel website. Louis bit back a watery smile and after blowing a kiss at Niall, he was literally running out of the corridor.

As he was moving towards the elevator, he bumped into someone, but instead of looking back, he only apologized loudly and kept rushing forward. As soon as he got next to the elevator, he started hitting the button to call it down. He was constantly pressing the button, hoping that it would bring the metal box down rather fast, even though he knew it was dumb.

Louis was still keeping up with his assault on the poor button, when someone called his name from behind. Louis closed his eyes when anger started to boil inside him. He could recognize that voice anywhere after hearing his name being called in the same slow raspy way for thousands of times in past couple of days.