4. Mágoa

🗨️Comment  🌟Vote  🙃

Word Count : 9K

_______

🚩Important : This chapter is mostly Zaniam (5k), because we're still going through the back story. And I think this would be the last heavy Zaniam chapter.

I know, most of you are thinking that this story is supposed to be about Larry than why isn't there any, but trust me, Zaniam pairing is a big part of the story. I hope will like it. :)

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

"You keep saying that you're alright,
But I can see it through your fake smile, you're not... "

_________

(New York, February 2018)
.

After waking up from the dreadful nightmare, Niall found himself shivering in the cold breaze of midnight. His cheeks were stained with never stopping tears. Warm breath was blowing out his parted lips, tuning into white clouds as he tried to regain his composure. He was trembling from head to toe. Partially because of the memories and partially because of the weather.

He pulled the jacket back on to his shoulders that somehow slipped, and exhaled heavily wiping his cheeks. He looked up at the shining moon in the sky and after thanking for everything that he had right now, Niall turned around to make his way back into the room.

A few minutes later Niall stepped into the shower, without a piece of cloth covering his bare body. His toes flinching as they touched the chilled ceramic floor. He tried to get rid of the memories but his mind was in shreds. He knew that he would never get those memories out of his mind.

He turned the shower dial, and watched the shower head releasing thousands of lukewarm drops. He brought his hands ahead to check the temperature before he stepped under the spray. The water immediately flattened his hair and trickled down his back. His eyes fell close over and over, each time replaying the scenes like he was watching a movie. Probably the most scary one...

As the moment passed his breathing started to get rigid. The thundering growls and soul tearing screams. Everything was flashing in front of his clutched eyes as if it wasn't a mere piece of memory but his current reality.

Niall started quivering when he recalled the moment, Liam and Zayn found him that horrible day. He was coming in and out of the consciousness. He was in so much pain and his lower half was covered in blood. The look in his Alphas' eyes broke him more than he already was, when he first noticed them.

The dark wolf already dashed off as soon as it heard Zayn and Liam's loud howls.

When Liam crouched next to him after turning, and gathered him in his arms, his eyes moved to Niall's lower half and his heart broke. Niall couldn't contain the gut wrenching sob that escaped from him finally being near to his Alphas, followed by the painful words.

" Our baby."

Both of the Alphas broke down into sobs right then and there, holding Niall into their chest, mourning for their unborn baby.

They cried until there was nothing left inside but a raw emptiness that nibbles at their insides like a hungry rat. Liam's irises were threaded scarlet and his eyeballs hung heavy in his sockets. Niall's whole body hung limp in his arms like each limb weighed twice as much as it had before.

No one knew what happened in the next moment but suddenly Liam was pulling Zayn on his spot and transferring unconscious Niall into his arms. Before Zayn could ask for what he was doing, Liam was changing into his wolf once again.