7. Anam Cara

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Word Count : 12K

~~~~~~~~~~~~

(New York, February 2018)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been more than a couple of hours since Marcel went to do what only he knows, leaving Harry in his place to take care of their Omega. And even though he was almost in heaven (having his omega and only one of his mates was almost a heaven for him), Harry couldn't sleep for a moment. Edward was not so different from him as well.

" I..." Edward tried to start the conversation for the 4th time in the last couple of hours and yet again couldn't go further than that. It was like they had so much to talk about or more like discuss over, but they didn't know where to start. Harry was same. He'd look at his way every time Edward would speak and after seeing him struggling with words, he'd just shake his head, closing his eyes and let out a heavy sigh.

But soon it all began to make Harry anxious and once he looked at the time, which was almost 5 in the morning, his concern started to poke his patience even more. Shaking his head once he made the decision, Harry was shifting his body on the mattress to look at Edward.

"Ed."

Said alpha immediately responded to his voice and sat up on the bed, giving him his full attention.

" You need to take my place. Get over here."

Frowning his brows, Edward inquired,  " What, but why ?"

" I'm going to check on Marcy."

Edward's eyes got bigger at the answer,  " But—"

" No buts, just get over here and take my place. I can't just stay here and let him wonder out in such weather — in that condition." He was looking out the window where he could see the snow still falling from sky, but it wasn't as bad as it was before.

" No, you stay here and I'll go check on him. " With that said, Edward started to get out of the bed. But once again, Harry stopped him.

"No, you're not going out there. I'm not sure if he'd let you in again or not. And if he doesn't, you won't be able to find him. And I won't let you both stay in such bad conditions out for so long. I can't risk it. So you'll stay here with Louis and I'll go get him. "

Harry was acting quite logical and was not just flowing with the intense feeling of being with his omega, even though every fiber of his body was telling him to stay near his omega if not plastered onto his back.

Edward looked down at that, heart aching a little at the realization that maybe Marcel wouldn't let him in again.

" Don't think like that, you idiot!" Harry scolded the alpha before offering him a hand.