Chapter 6 - "Love You Take My Breath Away"

Jack's P.O.V.

Cameron just looked at me in utter shock of what just came out of my mouth, he never talks about what happened that day between him and Tay, and never did anyone in our group, everyone just brushed it away like it was no big deal, because we thought it'd just be better for both Cam and Tay just to leave it alone.

"I'm sorry. I know you don't like to talk about it. I just..."

"No. It's cool." Cam said lightly cutting me off as he stared down at the table.

"It's just... I need some advice."

Cam looked at me in disbelief, "You? Jack Barakat needs advice? With what?"

"I have this crush on someone..." I paused only to look down, "and that someone is also a very good friend of mine, and I want to tell his person how I feel without risking our friendship." I ended and waited for Cameron to say something.

"Well, for starters. Who is this person?" Cam questioned.

I kept my daze directed towards the table like it was the most interesting thing I've ever seen, "I can't tell you that."

"Ok. I understand."

"But you'll still help me though, right?" I asked looking up at Cam.

"Of course." Cam smiled. I smiled back.

"We should hang again tomorrow." Cam suggested as he pulled into Alex's driveway.

"Yeah, for sure." I said getting out of the car, "Oh, and thanks for the advice Cam."

"No problem. Anything to help out my friend."

"No, really. I needed that, and I know it was hard for you to talk about you and Tay. So thank you."

"Yeah, well I just hope in return... you can just not mention anything I said about Tay and I to anyone. And I'll do the same with you and this 'mystery girl', ok?"

"Ok." I agreed. Cam smiled.

"Ok, so I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yes." I smiled before closing the car door and waving Cam off as he pulled out of Alex's driveway.

➕➕➕➕➕➕

Cameron's P.O.V.

I can't believe Jack needed my help, Jack never asks for anybody's help, except for Alex's.

So that was surprising, but I'm glad Jack trusts me enough to ask me for advice. But I see why he came to me, I mean he is basically in the same situation I was in with Tay, I just wonder who this girl is that he is crushing on though? I would suspect the girl he met up with earlier today, but he said 'close friend' and as far as I know, I've never met this girl and I don't think anybody in our group has either. He said he liked her though, but maybe he meant as a friend, I don't know.

I pull into the driveway of my parents house and went inside, too tired to walk all the way up stairs to my bedroom, I lay down on the couch.

It's quite.

I decided to call Tay.

The phone rang about 3 times, until it stopped and I heard a soft, "Hello?"

I smiled at the sound of Tay's voice.

"Hey Tay."

"Oh, hey Cam. You ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine. Why?"

"Just fine?" I heard Tay giggle lightly on the other line.

"Well..."

"Should I come over?" Tay asked cutting me off.