Chapter 13 - "No Idea"

School ended, and I was waiting for Alex at his car. I've been standing out here for a good 15 minutes. I texted Cam and told him Alex was gonna tag along and he said it was cool. I also told Cam that Alex and I were gonna meet up with him at his place, but as long as fricken Alex is taking.. I'm not even sure that we're gonna get to hang out tonight. I analyzed the parking lot and still seen no sight of Alex. Where the fuck is he? I mean if he's trying to flake on me, he can't. He's my only ride. I pulled out my phone and ran through my favorites and dialed Alex's number. It went straight to his voice mail. What the fuck Lex?! I shoved my phone back into my pocket and went back inside to try and find him.

Alex's P.O.V. -

"So Ms. Bricks, what did you wanna see me again for?" I asked after everybody was finally out of the room.

"Alex..." She got up out of her seat and walked over to me, "I know it's a little early in the school year, but you're failing my class and I think it'll be good if one of my best students tutors you."

I knew I wasn't the best at history but I get by, but maybe she's right. But a tutor this early in the school year?

"I know what you're thinking. 'A tutor? This early in the school year?' I know okay. But I'm only suggesting this because I feel like you could do better. You're a smart boy, Alex and all I want is to see you succeed." She continued.

"I really don't know Ms. Bricks..."

"Okay, listen. If you get 85% or higher on the test we are about to take this Friday... I'll forget all about the tutor, but if you don't. Well, you know as well as I do that you could use the extra help. So deal?" She ended as she held out her hand. I stared blankly before finally deciding to do it. I mean, I got nothing to lose. Except my pride if someone finds out I got a tutor this early in the school year. I took her hand and sealed the deal.

"Alex, trust me.. this will be good for you." Ms. Bricks smiled. I'm not so sure this is what's good for me, but it won't hurt.

.....

Jack's probably waiting for me I thought as I hurried to my locker. I quickly shoved all my books and things inside and grabbed my bag pack.

I got out my phone and saw that I had 3 missed calls, 2 missed calls from Stella and 1 missed call from Jack. Yeah, I'm like so popular -.-

I better call Jack back. He probably already left with Cam.

It rang about 2 times before I heard, "Where the fuck are you?!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I heard Jack scoff on the other line when I said that.

"About freaking time. Jesus, Alex what were you doing?"

"It's only been 20 minutes, so calm your tits."

"Cam's probably waiting for us."

"I know, I know. I'm walking out to my car right now." I rolled my eyes.

"I see you-" Jack hung up. What?

"There you are. Let's go!" Jack grabbed onto my hand leading me outside into the parking lot.

"Jesus, Jack!" I yelled as Jack pushed me inside the car and slammed the door.

"You know where Cam lives right?" Jack asked as he quickly got in the car.

"Yeah. Haven't been to his place in awhile, but yeah." I answered starting up the engine and throwing Jack a weird look for his eagerness.

.....

I pulled up into Cam's driveway next to his car and to what looked like it, was Tay's car.

"I think Tay's here..." I said turning the car off.

"Yeah, that looks like her car." Jack said unbuckling his seat beat. "Let's go in then." Jack got out of the car. I sighed before getting out after him.

"Did he say Tay was gonna be here though?" I asked as I walked behind Jack.

"Why? You have a problem with Tay?"

I shook my head, "No."

"Then what?" Jack stopped and turned around to face me.

"Dude, she's best friends with my girlfriend." I threw him a look.

"What's up with you and Stella?" Jack looked confused.

"I DON'T wanna talk about it right now." I looked away.

"Well, I'm here whenever you do feel like talking about it." Jack smiled. I really got to stop being such a douche to Jack. I mean he's just trying to help. Just like I'm trying to help him get over his ex. I'm not doing such a good job of that though. I haven't even asked him if he's ready to date again or anything.

Jack rang the door bell. Seconds later Cameron opens it.

"Hey Jack, Alex." Cameron greeted us.

"Hey dude, sorry we're a little late." Jack said.

"It's cool. Glad you guys made it." Cameron smiled, "Oh, come in." He moved aside so we could get in.

"Hey guys." Tay came around the corner greeting us with a smile.

"Hi." Both Jack and I smiled. I had to play it cool or else Tay would probably tell Stella I was acting weird or something. I mean she has no right and I don't think she'll actually tell Stella something so stupid, but you never know.

"Alex? What are doing here?" Stella asked as she came walking into the room. My smile faded. The room got quiet.

I glanced over at Jack who was staring at me with a worried look on his face.

"I'm gonna go..." I said quietly to Jack as I made my way back to the front door.

"Lex. Just stay. It's gonna be okay." Jack tried convincing me to stay.

"I'll see you later." I ended before walking out the door.

I began making my way to my car, when I hear foot steps behind me. I just kept walking. I felt a hand grip onto my shoulder. I stopped and turned around.

"Lex..." Jack said in a soft tone.

"What?"

"What's wrong?" Jack asked.

"Dude, really?" I looked at him. Jack just shrugged.

"I only agreed to come here because I wanted to get my mind off Stella, and surprisingly she's here. So I'm going home. You can stay if you want." I began walking to my car again.

"No. I'm coming with." As soon as Jack said that I stopped.

Jack padded my back lightly before jumping into the car. I smiled slightly as I got in after him and started the engine.

"Let's play some Blink. You know, to cheer you up." Jack went to my most played on my iPod and put on 'Adam's song.' I smiled as Jack began playing the air guitar and started singing along to the lyrics.

Jack glanced over at me and stopped singing, "You're smiling!" Jack pointed out. I looked down, still smiling.

"I knew that would cheer you up." Jack looked proud of the fact that he made me smile.

I looked back at Jack as he began singing along to the song again. Okay, I'll give it to Jack... he does know how to make me feel better. I don't know why, but Jack is so cute right now.

I MEAN... WHAT?!?!

Did I really just call Jack 'cute?'

No. I couldn't have. I mean, he's my friend. My best friend. My straight best friend at that.

Although, I'm not gay.

Am I?

- Anita xx