Chapter 29 - Misery Business

I updated! See I didn't forget about you guys. c;

Enjoy. ~

Jack's POV

So far I learned that the best kind of love is the one that you fight for and in my case, never stop fighting for.

"Why do you care what she thinks anyways, baby?" I got behind Alex and wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him in close and resting my chin on his shoulder.

"I don't care what she thinks," he sighed, and I rolled my eyes not believing him.

"You obviously do because we're basically hiding out in the boys restroom," I stated. Alex managed to wiggle his way out of my arms and had spun around to face me.

"I don't!" He defended. I tried not to smile because that would only get him even more fired up, but I couldn't help it slightly pissed off Alex is adorable. "I don't," he repeated but in a much calmer voice.

"Okay," I surrendered... sorta. "But, you do care about what she says and there's no denying it, because I can see that it bothers you whenever she says shit about us... and Stella," Alex just gave me the look of total disbelief, he probably didn't know that I noticed, but how can I not? He makes it very obvious to everyone around when he should not even care at all, cause that's only what Tay wants.

"Yeah, it does bother me but it shouldn't have to. Right?" I sighed, looking Alex in the eyes. He looked so innocent with his big doe eyes that just ran with nothing but hope. I cupped the side of his face with my hand.

"Exactly, baby. Because we did nothing wrong," I informed him. Alex smiled slightly and his gaze dropped to the floor. I felt a sharp pain in my chest when he did that, because it was almost as if he didn't believe what I had said.

"I wish that were true," he said, eyes still fixated on the floor.

"It is. We're not the bad guys here, Alex. You got to understand that Stella's the one who fucked up here, not you," I told him and his eyes had flicked back up to me.

"Yeah, you're right. I'm so stupid for ever thinking that it was my fault in the first place," he admitted finally.

"Yeah, you are pretty dumb. But I love you anyways," I smiled. Alex shook his head and smiled also.

"I love you, too, jerk."

-

I kept thinking about Alex and I's conversation in the bathroom earlier and how he seemed to have little to no confidence lately about our relationship. I know Tay makes it hard and then there's Stella who's acting like the victim all the time, but none of that compares to if our family or friends didn't accept us like most people in our situation families and friends. I just need him to understand that there is much bigger things that we have to deal with in life than just some pity high school drama, and that it'll all be over after we graduate this year. But we'll just have to hold on as tight as we can until that day finally comes.

The bell rang and it was now officially the weekend. I stood up from my desk and started gathering up my things to leave, when I hear her and immediately freeze.

"Oh, you girls better keep your boyfriends on a leash, 'cause Jack Barakat's here," Tay said bitterly, as she passed by my desk. The remaining people still in the room began laughing, and I just rolled my eyes because I could careless.

"But I don't have a boyfriend," one of the girls commented.

"That's because Jack took him," Tay replied. I just stared at her with complete disgust and she did the same to me. She was trying to intimidate me to see if I'd start a fuss and cause a big scene, get all the attention on her, but nope. I won't give her the satisfaction.