Chapter 31 - There's No Love For A Lair;

As I held Alex in my arms, I thought about Hayley and all the things I wanted to say to her- like where she has been and why she even left in the first place. There was just so many things I needed to know before I could finally move on with Alex, or I'd go mad trying to figure it out and fuck things up with Alex, and that's the very last thing I want to happen.

I had completely lost all feeling when Hayley had gone, and Alex restored those feelings and showed me what honest love is. Sure, we get into arguments and don't always get along but that just means we actually care about each other. We'll always fight with each other and for each other.

"I love you so much," I admitted, pressing my lips against Alex's once more before leaving him in the kitchen.

I hesitantly walked back into the living room, not wanting to do this but knowing it had to be done. So there I stood, making eye contact with the girl who I thought I'd never see again. I played this moment over and over again in my head, and even rehearsed the words that I'd want to come out of my mouth. There was so much, I honestly didn't know where to start.

"I missed you so much, you don't even know, Jack," she confessed, propping up and wrapping her arms around me. I was stunned and not in a good way. So I gently pulled back from her grasp, and looked her dead in the eye.

"Where have you been?" I asked kindly. She gave a sad look before glancing down.

"I fucked things up, Jack. I'm fucked up," was all she said, still not making any sort of eye contact with me.

"What do you mean by that? You're not fucked up, Hayl," I felt bad, but at the same time she did it to herself. I pulled her into a slight embrace, as she was still fairly close to me.

"I still love you, Jack," I heard her whisper, as she held me tighter. I almost believed her, but if that were the case she would've never have left me alone.

"Are you serious? This is you're so-called way of telling her?" Alex had walked into the room, and I immediately backed off Hayley.

"Lex..." Was all I could think to say, he had caught me off guard.

"Jack, what is he talking about? Tell me what?" Hayley questioned, seeming considerably confused.

I had left her side and walked straight over to Alex, gripping his hand tightly in mine. I glanced at him and smiled, "I've moved on."

"With who?" She asked, she wasn't getting it.

"Alex," and I will never forget that look on her face, of pure shock and denial.

"You're kidding right?"

"Nope, we're in love. I love him," I admitted, and it felt so fucking good to finally say aloud.

"You guys are funny, c'mon now," she was in so much denial, not believing what's been so obvious in front of her all this time.

"I'm done, Hayley. I didn't want it to end like this, but I thought I'd never see you again. So I'm sorry but, I'm not." And that was the very last time I had talked or even saw Hayley. I want to say I've been through this before but this was completely different, because I didn't care. I had lost nothing but gained so much more than I could ever possibly want.