Chapter 12 - "Walls"

During lunch I noticed that Alex's mind is somewhere else, "Lex?" Alex looked at me with blank eyes.

"Are you okay?" I asked, he just nodded and threw me yet another forced smile. That's like the third one today.

"Where's Stella?" Tay asked Alex, Alex just shrugged and began playing with his food. I don't even think Alex took one bite of his food yet. I don't know if I should or if I really want to but, I think maybe I should talk to Stella. I'm pretty sure that's the reason for Alex's behavior right now. I mean no matter how much I don't wanna sit down and have a talk with Stella, I have to for Alex.

Lunch ended and everyone quickly scurried to their lockers. I analyzed Alex the whole walk down the hall. He looked swamped.

"Are you okay?" I asked even though I already asked him not more then 10 minutes ago. Alex stopped and looked at me. I prepared myself for Alex's response.

"Jack, I'm fine." He lied right to my face. Maybe I'm not the only one suffering from a lying problem. I once again pretend to believe him, but Alex is way too smart.

"Really. Jack, I'm fine." Alex gripped onto my shoulders forcing me to face him. He looks me dead in the eye. "Okay?"

I just nodded in agreement and I think Alex knew that I saw right through those big brown eyes of his and looked down. His little hairs on top of his head tickling the tip of my nose on the way down. Yes, he was that close to me. Alex sighed. I looked around to see that the halls were empty. Nobody but Alex and I were in the hallways. I smiled at the thought of hugging Alex right now because we were all alone, no one could see us. I felt Alex jump as I lightly laid my hand over his. He glanced up, his brown eyes sparkling from the lights hitting against them. Alex looked confused of the smile that just came upon my face. I worked up the courage to wrap my arm around him. Now Alex looked even more confused.

"Alex?" I said softly.

"Yeah? Jack..."

"I've been meaning to tell you this for so long now..."

"What?" Alex asked in a way as if he knew what I was gonna say. But how could he?

My heart started to race as I realized, am I actually gonna tell Alex my true feelings for him right now?

"I-I'm in-"

"Jack!" Alex and I quickly let go of each other and looked to see.

"Sierra?"

"I'm leaving." Alex said as he began to walk away.

"What? Alex?" I called after him, but he just kept walking. I sighed.

"Hey, Ms. Smith asked me to come get you." Sierra walked up to me.

"But why would she send you? I mean, you don't have maths after lunch..." I was confused. Sierra smiled.

"I know. I bumped into her on my way to geography class and she asked if I saw you and said if I do see you, to tell you to get your butt to class." She said with a giggle.

"Oh okay. So I should probably get my butt to class then" I laughed. "I'll see you later." I ended before attempting to walk away. Sierra grabbed onto my hand. I stopped.

"Hey Jack. Maybe we could hang out sometime...?" I looked at Sierra.

"Yeah. Maybe." I smiled. She let go of my hand.

"Okay. Cool." She said awkwardly before throwing me a smile.

"Okay. See you later." I said before walking away.

"Where have you been Mr. Barakat? Didn't we have this discussion not more than two days ago about you not coming in late to my class?" Ms. Smith raised an eyebrow.

"Yes, and I'm sorry. It won't happen again... again."

"You're right it won't happen again. But if and when it does happen again, I will have no choice but to call your parents Jack."

"Understood Ms. Smith."

"Good. Now take your seat."

I sat in the seat next to Cameron again.

"What's up?" Cam smiled.

"Nothing. I-" I was interrupted.

"No talking Mr. Barakat. You're already in enough trouble as it is." Ms. Smith said throwing me a glare before going on about what she was explaining on the board. Great, it's only been three days into the new school year and I'm already on a teacher's bad side. I really need to get my shit together. I looked over at Cameron who just smiled at me before going back to writing down what Ms. Smith was putting on the board. I sighed then began to also write down what was on the board.

Class ended earlier then expected and I headed straight to my locker as usual. Alex was already at his.

"Hey Jack." I turned around, it was Cam.

"Hey." I smiled.

"You should come over and maybe we could play some call of duty, and you could get your butt kicked again." Cam said. I laughed.

"Yeah, sounds fun."

"Okay. I'll catch you later."

"Alright." I said before Cam walked away. I made my way over to my locker. I began putting my stuff inside.

"So, what were you and Cam talking about?" Alex asked.

"Nothing. He just asked if I wanted to hang out tonight." I explained.

"So you gonna hang out with him tonight?" Alex said in way as if he was jealous or something.

"I mean, yeah. Why not? Cam's cool." I closed my locker and looked at Alex.

"Yeah, he's pretty cool." Alex also closed his locker. I kinda feel like Alex is jealous. I mean me and Cam have gotten quite close in the past three days.

"You should come with..." I thought maybe Alex needs to get his mind off Stella and their relationship and just hang with the guys, so I attempted to invite him. Alex looked at me.

"So what do you say Lex?" I smiled. Alex looked unsure.

"I don't know Jack..." Alex shrugged his shoulders.

"Lex, you need to get out more." I tired saying it in a way so he wouldn't get mad.

"Jack, I get out more then you do." Alex gave me a look.

"Yeah.." I admitted.

"Fine. I'll go. I need some bro time anyways." Alex agreed. I smiled.

"Thanks Lex."

"Yeah, yeah. So what were you gonna say to me? You know... earlier?" My eyes widened. I can't tell him now.

"Nothing."

"Okay?" Alex giggled lightly at my quick response.

The bell rang. Thank GOD!

"I'll see you after class then." Alex said as he walked to his next class. That was close. I sighed and walked to class in a hurry. I couldn't be late. Again.

- Anita xx