Chapter 27 - And We Carry On

Mayday situation overload, I'm restless obsessed with your future
And all my worries, they don't bother you
Collected, you render me useless
But I carry on ~

"Jack, I don't think I can do this." Alex looked like a nervous wreck, he swallowed thickly and still continued to stare idly at the doors of the schools front entrance. I stood beside him and gripped his hand, the anxious brunette glanced over at me almost immediately. He seemed to relax a bit, but still looked as if he were going to puke. I smiled reassuringly at him and he managed a small one back at me.

"You got this, Lex." I assured him. Alex just smiled barely and nodded slightly, looking extremely doubtful. I got in front of him and with my free hand cupped the side of his face, he remained still as I pressed our foreheads together. "You got me." I stated happily. Alex smiled shyly.

"I do?"

"Yes. And I'm not going anywhere. I'm all yours." I informed the beautiful boy before me. He blushed at that and smiled even widener, whispering an 'I love you' to me, then letting go of my hand to wrap his skinny arms around my neck. I grazed his cheek with the pad of my thumb for a moment, before removing it and snaking my arms around his waist, pulling him in close.

"I love you, too." I said quietly, now hovering my lips over his. I wanted to taste him so bad but decided I wanted to tease him a little bit first. Alex whined softly and gripped the back of my neck, standing on his tippy-toes, he crashed our lips together. Guess he's not big on teasing. Neither am I. Could we be more perfect for each other, god.

~

Class had already started, so I was thanking god for that. The halls were empty and it was silent through the whole walk to our lockers. It was a comfortable silence though. I knew Alex didn't want to talk, and he knew that I knew and would understand. I did. I finally let go of his hand and he didn't seem to mind, as he just opened up his locker and grabbed his things, then closed it soon after. I had already gotten my things and was just waiting for Alex to calm down a little more, before asking him if he was ready.

"Come on. I'll walk you to class." I held out my hand and Alex immediately took it. We began walking down the hallway towards Alex's first period, he had math and that only managed to make me feel even more sympathetic towards the worrisome boy. 'Cause math sucks.

Alex stopped in the middle of the hall, which caused me to refrain as well. Looking back at him, he seemed pretty okay but wouldn't move, he was in complete statue mode. I got back by his side, still holding his hand, I tighten my grip on him and he looked over at me. I smiled slightly and he returned the gesture.

"What's wrong?" I furrowed my eyebrows. Alex shrugged his shoulders and directed his gaze down to his shoes.

"Everything."

"Stop, Lex. Come on, you got this. Just a few more feet away, baby." I pointed towards the door that was in fact just a few feet away from where we were. "Take no shit, remember?" I reminded him. He had said something about it last night, that he was no longer going to take shit from anyone, anymore. I felt like an asshole when I slightly mimicked him, but I'm not gonna let him back out of this. Alex is a lot stronger than he thinks, and it kills me to see him acting so helpless.

He sighed in defeat and rolled his eyes at me. I just chuckled quietly and threw him a small but amusing smile.

"Take no shit." Alex recited nudging my shoulder with his, practically leaning against me. I didn't mind and just wrapped an arm around his shoulder, having him lean on me even more as I gripped onto him tightly and held him closely by my side. We began walking again, and Alex seemed less anxious and more confident. How? I don't know. But I wasn't going to question it. As long as he's content with himself, I won't question shit.

"That's my Lexy." I cooed. Alex just blushed and shook his head, trying to hide the obvious grin on his face. I kissed him on his temple and even though he couldn't see me, I smiled down at him, almost proud like.

"Now, let's get your ass to class."

~

After practically shoving him inside, I gave him a quick peck on the lips and assured the panicked boy that I'd be waiting right here for him after class. Alex just gave me that look of pure abandonment and betrayal. Though, I don't know why when I'd be back and waiting for him right after class. He's such a baby. Like I know it's his first day back and all, and it's gotta be even more tough when people know about him and Stella, but it'd be different if he was all alone. Which he's not. He has me, and I'll make sure he never has to feel alone ever again.

I turned away with a frown once the door had closed and I knew that Alex wouldn't come running out and yelling for me to save him. How cute would that be though? It'd be pretty fucking adorable. It would make me feel like Alex actually does need me. I like to feel wanted okay. So fuck off.

I promptly walked to my class, rather too quickly, as I honestly wanted to be anywhere but in Ms. Smith's class right now. I don't know, since the first day and just since the last three years I've been going here, she's always disliked me. Maybe it's the fact that I hate her class and I purposely show up late. Either way, she doesn't know of these statements, so she can't really do anything but send me to dentition or call my parents. Which in this case, would be the latter. Fuck my life.

"Ahh, Mr. Barakat. Late again, I see." I rolled my eyes at her sarcastic tone and decided not to just stand here like an idiot and wait for her approval to take a seat. I completely ignored her and went to the seat in the back by the counter, where no one would sit but Oli sometimes - he wasn't in class today - and as soon as I sat down-

"Nope. Jack, I knew you were going to be late, again, so I saved you a seat up front. So come along now. I think we can all agree that we've wasted enough of our time on you today, yeah?" What a bitch. Seriously, someone needs to slap her silly. And so I got up, still not saying a fucking word as I walked back up to the front. She gestured with her finger at the empty desk and I just glared at her as I immediately took it, not wanting to cause anymore attention towards myself.

Time went surprisingly quick and I was out of there within a second of the bell going off. Once in the hall, I hurried along the direction back towards Alex's class. I didn't want to leave him alone any longer than I had to. I miss him, honestly and just couldn't wait to see his cute smiling face when he sees me standing there waiting for him, like promised.

"Hey, where's the fire?" I unknowingly brushed past Cameron in a hurry. He gripped the sleeve of my hoodie in attempt to stop me and get my attention. It did, and I quirked an eyebrow at the golden haired boy attached to me. He smirked, tugging lightly at the fabric and I backed up to face him. "What's the hurry, man?"

"I just promised Alex that I'd be waiting for him after class. So that's why I was in such a rush." I told him firmly. Cameron looked at me like I was of a different species or something, and I just stared back at him, confused like. Because Cameron can even be a mystery to me sometimes. And I'm fucking complicated as fuck.

"Alex is back?"

For Baltimore by All Time Low

- Anita xx