Chapter 14 - "Whether You And Me Could Ever Be We'll Never See"

Alex's P.O.V. -

It was the next day. I'm probably gonna have to go wake up Jack, he fell asleep on the couch last night and I didn't bother waking him up because well, I didn't wanna be left alone and plus I missed having him here so I suggested he spend the night and took him upstairs into the guest room, but it just makes more sense to call it Jack's room because he has all his stuff in there already and he basically lives with my parents and I.

The alarm went off again, it's 8:15am and I'm still in bed. Classes will be starting soon, but I don't wanna go to school. I don't wanna have to see Stella and act like I'm all happy and go lucky, when I'm not.

I should just break it off with Stella. I mean, we're not happy together, we fight over the most stupidest of things and we barely communicate with one another. It's like the only time we ever spend any time together is when we're having sex, and we don't have that much sex. So to me, we are basically strangers. Who sometimes have sex with each other... but other then that, nothing.

"Alex, dude. Wake up." Jack came busting into my room yawning and rubbing his eyes.

"I'm awake." I said still laying in bed.

"Okay. Well, get up." Jack walked over to me.

"Eh, I rather not..."

Jack crossed his arms, "And why the fuck not?"

"Because, I don't feel like it." I smirked.

"Are you serious? You know Lex, you can't avoid Stella, YOUR girlfriend, forever you know..." Jack knew. He knew, and I didn't have to tell him a single thing. I didn't even tell him that I planned to not go to school today.

"I know." I looked away.

"Okay. So get up then." Jack pulled the blankets off me.

"No!" I refused as I curled up into a ball.

"Lex, come on. We have 10 minutes to get our butts to school before classes start." Jack sat on my bed.

"Just go without me..." I said still rolled up in a ball.

Jack looked at me, "You know I'm not gonna go without you Lex."

"Well, I'm not going." I said firmly.

"Well, neither am I then..." Jack padded my head lightly. I looked at him and smiled. I've never noticed how big Jack's eyes are, and how they sparkle in the morning light. Their beautiful.

"What?" Jack smiled.

"Nothing.." I quickly looked away.

Jack giggled, "Okay. So what are we gonna do?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, since we're not going to school and all. What do you wanna do?"

Jack and I haven't skipped school in years, but I don't think I'll ever forget the day we did. I mean it was the very first time I did something that I knew was wrong but still did it and didn't have a single regret. Although we did get in most trouble we've ever been in, it was totally worth it.

"Call of Duty?" I suggested.

"Dude, you just read my mind!" Jack said. I just laughed.

"I'll race you into the living room..." I smirked.

"Okay." Jack smiled as he slowly got up.

I jumped up only to get pushed back down onto the bed.

"Cheater!" I yelled out as I found myself laying back down on the bed.

"How is that cheating?" Jack mocked me.

"You pushed me..." I gave him a look. He just laughed and began walking away. I quickly grabbed Jack's arm and pulled him onto the bed.

"Oh I'm the cheater, huh?" Jack said as he lay now on the bed. I didn't say anything as I tried getting up off the bed and rushed for the door.

"I'm gonna beat you!" I yelled back. I made it into the hallway and almost into the living room when I felt something wrap around my leg, I trip.

"Oh no you're not!" Jack said as he got me on my back and pinned me down.

I struggled a bit before my eyes caught Jack's.

It was silent.

What is this? Why doesn't this feel awkward or uncomfortable?! It's suppose to feel awkward and uncomfortable! I mean he's... Jack. My best friend.

Jack's P.O.V. -

As I look down at Alex, I can't avoid the thought of this being the perfect time to kiss him, and kiss him, and kiss him until I can't kiss him anymore. I mean can he get any fricken cuter like holy fuck Lex, you get cuter and hotter and sexier every fucking day and I can't take it anymore. I need him.

I loosened my grip on his wrists and slowly slide my hands into his, I intertwine our fingers. Butterflies began to fill my gut as I lean down further, Alex's breath hitting against my lips. I'm so close. I close my eyes and hope to gain the courage to ram my lips against Alex's lips.

"Jack?" Alex whispers. I quickly open my eyes. Alex was staring up at me. I slowly put distance between Alex and I again.

"Yes, Lex?" I asked awkwardly.

"Are you okay?" As soon as I heard that I quickly got off Alex.

"What's wrong?" Alex slowly got up.

I just shrugged and looked down. I couldn't tell him. I mean, I felt like such a fool. I'm so obvious that I'm surprised that Alex doesn't already know that I have feelings for him.

"Jack? You can tell me, you know..." My eyes widened, tell him what?

"What do you mean?" I tired playing it as I had no idea what he was talking about.

"I mean, you can talk to me." I let out a sigh of relief.

"I know it's been hard for you, with the break up and stuff. But I just want you to know that I'm always here to listen. To help." Alex continued.

I smiled, "Thanks Lex."

"No problem man." Alex lightly patted my back, "So, you think you're ready to start dating again?" I looked at Alex. I don't know. Am I ready to start dating again?

- Anita xx