Author's Notes;

This story was inspired by all time low's song stay awake (dreams only last for a night) if you hadn't already knew or figured it out. I originally was going to name the story 'stay awake' because the title for the story now seemed too long at first. But I went with 'dreams only last for a night' cause it just made sense with the plot and the general idea for the story as a whole.

I generally had a pretty good idea of how I wanted the story to go, but as it processed things seemed to be not what I thought. Not that I didn't mean to write specific chapters but I didn't think it'd be as long as it was. I went with it though, despite my efforts in keeping it under 15 chapters long. I figured who would even read this, then soon it was at 10k reads, then 50k, then finally 100k reads. I was honestly so shocked that I questioned humanity. I was also so happy and incredibly grateful for it. I never expected that kind of feedback when writing it. So that was amazing, and still is. Still can't believe how many people have read this or even just one person at that. So I continued writing and I'm glad that I did because it was so much fun to write for you guys. Despite me growing tired of it in the end, I'm really happy I kept up with it as long as I did.

And lastly, I want to give a huge thank you to anyone who's read/voted/commented/did anything. It honestly means so much to me that you'd take the time out of your day to do anything like that. And thank you so much for being so dedicated and keeping up with it and putting up with my crappy posting schedule. I appreciate it all and appreciate you all even more. I love you guys so much!