13

She stepped out into the field, all alone. Nobody was around her- she'd come to this side on her own.

She was surprised that everyone had agreed to her plan. They seemed to want to fight, an energy she hadn't expected in such vigor from these people. She understood the reason. They wanted something to do, they were bored. Nations were used to fighting, to the point where it had become a form of comfort.

The chainlink fence was slashed, and she walked forward. God, she could imagine the looks on their faces right now- she knew for a fact that there were people in the observatory.

Her ears were back as she carefully avoided mines.

She looked up, seeing them start to roll out a machine gun. Carefully, she grabbed something that Italy had given her, waving the white flag over her head. She knew it was a crime to kill those who'd surrendered, but she also knew she was fake surrendering.

She looked down at them, tears streaming down her face as one man walked over to her, a semi-automatic in his hands. She dropped the flag and held her arms out, her wrists completely lax, giving an air of weakness.

He looked at her arms, before looking at her chest, and then her face. He seemed uncomfortable- he'd noticed the symbol on her chest, and that made him cringe. He didn't seem to understand the surrender.

The cuffs were too thin to keep her in them, even though they were more than a normal human prisoner would get. The man was holding her tail away from himself, but she could take it back if she really wanted too. What was going on now was a test to see if she would fight back.

She didn't look up at the woman before her.

"Hello, dear," the woman said, "I am the Ringmaster. It is very brave of you to surrender, especially here."

Just from her voice she could tell she was a white supremacist. She didn't know what it was, maybe it was just the tone.

"I couldn't continue going along like a was," she whined, "it was too much to be without my family."

She smiled, somehow that stupid excuse went over her head. Zaltana moved slowly, raising her head to meet the others eyes. There was no power behind her gaze, just weakness.

"You'll behave well for me, won't you?" Ringmaster smiled, reaching her hand up to touch her cheek. Zaltana bowed her head into the contact, no matter how repulsed she was by someone touching her.

Zaltana didn't give an answer. She recognized it as a rhetorical question, no matter the other implications it might give.

"Come with me," Ringmaster said, "George, let those cuffs go, she is no threat, just a broken mind in need of some molding."

While human ears would not hear the sound of the cameras shutting off, she had. It meant that Latvia and Japan were already in the security room. She took a few steps forward, her stinger sneaking into the man behind hers leg, delivering a wave of calmness to him.

When he was delirious, she struck- getting the Ringmaster in the head, just behind the ear. Her stinger didn't connect, but the contact was enough to make the woman fall, probably dead- if not, dying.

There was more fizzing in the walls as the electricity shut off, the doors creaking open. A wave of cold air came through the hallways, and she sighed in comfort. While it was cold, it was what she was used too.

Her ears were up, her tail raised to strike at any given moment. She heard bullets and jumped around, running to attack. She flew past her attackers, slicing each of their throats in one full stroke. She attempted to see if she could hear anything in the halls, knowing for a fact it could lead her to her own blood.