2

"Well, I don't trust her!" Poland exclaimed, "You all saw her tattoo too! There's no way she ain't one of Russia's fucking spy's or genetic mistakes!"

"She doesn't belong to me!" Russia shouted, "Perhaps I should beat that thought into you!"

They were too busy arguing to realize that Zaltana was pushing herself up onto her knees, before sitting back down on her heels. Her hands, ending in curved black claws, clicked a bit as they became accustomed to moving once more.

"I'm not with Russia," she said. She was almost surprised when she felt the small tug of thread in her wound when she moved her right shoulder, and she relaxed her arm so she didn't break it.

Poland and Russia both jumped back as she spoke, and the other nations seemed more prepared for a fight than they were when she'd first appeared.

"Who are you, and what do you want?" England spoke- he was angry about this development, only because of his mistrust for the vast majority of mythical creatures.

"My name is Zaltana," she repeated, narrowing her eyes, "I am the personification of the Ural Mountains."

Russia made a strange face, and she almost laughed. Only a smirk appeared though.

"I am looking for the United States of America, my brother," she said, and the group looked even more confused, "he has been missing for six months."

"What happened before he disappeared," Germany asked. He seemed to be the calmest, and the one in control, so she supposed him to be the leader of this mismatched group.

"Where we live was attacked, and everyone went missing," she spoke sadly, her voice full of remorse, "every human, animal, personification, mythical creature- gone."

Most of them narrowed their eyes at the 'personification' bit. It implied there was more than one personification -more than just America missing-, and they didn't seem to appreciate that.

"Even little Alaska and Hawaii," she said, trying to stir up more support. God, these little shits didn't seem to want to help her. She couldn't blame them, she knew what her brother acted like at these meetings, but that wasn't how he really was.

"Alaska?" Russia said.

"Hawaii?" It was Japan this time.

Everyone else just seemed to pause.

"Zaltana," France said, completely butchering her name with his accent, "are the states personified?"

"All fifty," she said, offhandedly, like it wasn't too big of a deal. She needed to draw them in, get them curious about something else because they obviously didn't give a fuck about her siblings. Was she using her nieces and nephews to get what she wanted? Sure, but they needed to be rescued as well.

She pulled a phone out of one of the bags on her belt, a belt they hadn't realized was there, and unlocked it, seeming to swipe a whole bunch before she landed on what she was looking for. A smile spread over her face, and she flipped the phone around so they could see.

It was two little girls, around seven, with their arms wrapped around each other's necks. One looked like a smaller version of Russia, who was also a girl, except that her eyes were a light shade of baby blue. There was a long white scarf wrapped around her neck.

The other was polynesian, with straight black hair and golden eyes. A flower was tucked behind her ear, and she wore a necklace made of shells around her neck.

"Unbelievable," it was England that muttered that, and her tail twitched when she heard his voice, which she was sure only Poland noticed.

"How many personifications lived 'in the place where you lived'," Germany asked, gruffly, looking up at her.