9

Illinois sat beside his brother. It was the next day- Utah had spent the night down here, and it made him feel horrible. He didn't want to leave him alone, cause he felt that if he did he was no better.

So, he'd slept on the ground of the cell and let Utah take the bed, so he wasn't alone. Utah continued looking at him weird, like he had throughout the night.

"What's going on?" he asked, quietly, "Why do I know you, but can't remember you?"

Illinois walked over, sitting beside him on the bed. The child seemed to tuck himself away from him, and Illinois understood why. He had become accustomed to someone coming towards him being because they wanted something from him.

"Because, you were retaught everything you knew," Illinois said, "which made you shove your memories down so you wouldn't get hit."

Utah looked at him curiously, "So... you're my brother?"

"Yes," Illinois smiled, and Utah flinched, holding his head. Tiny tears started beading in his eyes, and he gripped onto his neck to feel better.

"Who's our mother?" Utah asked, and Illinois shared a few glimpses of his memories of Alfred. Smiling, looking at him, dancing around.

"He's very pretty," Utah mumbled, and Illinois smirked, "where is he?"

"We don't know," Illinois said, "he was taken away like you were. Now... can you tell me anything? Did you see anyone in our family?"

"I don't... I don't know our family," he seemed to revert, "I don't have a family, I only have my handler. He found me, and he will care for me."

Illinois panicked, looking at his brother with wide eyes. Red eyes met turquoise, and they stared at each other for a moment. Utah shrunk away from him, and he started blasting his mind with memories of their family- of the noise, of their siblings, their mothers siblings, a few of their dad. Anything he could think of.

"You know them," he said, and Utah stared with wide eyes, "I know you do."

Carefully, he led a part of his mind to the depth of Utah's memories. He started to get a headache, doing this was shitty. He tried to dig up memories, no matter how strange or shitty they were and bring them to the front. A few, he noticed, were sad. Alfred sitting at his desk, Utah on the floor holding his hand as he worked, but he didn't care. He just needed him to remember.

Utah looked at him, holding his temples. He shut his eyes tightly, before looking around.

"Where the fuck am I?" he yelled, and Illinois smiled. His spark, his little spark that seemed to be gone was back, if not himself than that, "Who the fuck are you?"

"You know me," he smiled, "you know you do. You just don't want to admit it to yourself."

Illinois poked him in the forehead, and Utah glared at him. He looked angry, which was a normal Utah look, and it made him happy.

"I'll go get you food," Illinois said, now willing to leave Utah to his own devices.

"Go fuck yourself."

"Oh, honey," Illinois spun around on his heel, opening the door with the key in his pocket, "I only masterbate on Saturdays. Today is Thursday."

Utah took his shoe off and threw it at his head, making the other laugh as he exited the room.

Prussia looked out of the window of this sort of 'tea room', Canada tucked under his arm. The place was calmer than anything else in the house, it seemed. The entire area was full of dead flowers and dusty glass, but it was so quiet in here.