1

The nations stuck mostly to themselves. It was how they were. They rarely spoke outside of their immediate circle unless they were mad at a nation, and they had very select others they counted as their friends. It was how it was- how it always had been.

"Shut the fuck up, you frog!"

"Va te faire foutre!"

Why in the world these meetings were mandatory, nobody would ever know. Who wanted to interact with their enemies every two months for five hours? It was irritating, and draining.

"Silence!" Germany shouted, and France and England flinched away from the sound. England released France's hair, and France let go of his shirt, and they slowly stalked back to their seats, which had been switched around as they fought, putting them with even more countries between them.

Germany glanced around. Everyone was silent, making conversations with their eyes with the ones they were especially close with. All of the UN members were here, although something seemed missing. They did know they counted Canada- he was placed next to Prussia, who could see him for that very reason.

"Where's the United States?" Germany asked, and a few nations rolled their eyes at the mention of their enemy. Nations like Iran, North Korea, and Iraq even were ballsy enough to scowl, which normally would have been refuted heavily by the nation if he were here.

There was no loud shout by the nation, so people looked around.

"Probably late," England said, fussing with his papers, "you of all people should know how he is, Germany."

"Never this late," Germany said, looking at his watch, "it's an hour and a half passed the starting time, he should be here. Five minutes is understandable from him, not this."

England just scoffed, before going back to fussing.

Russia checked his phone- normally if America was late, he texted him for whatever reason. There was no message, nothing from the nation since last morning- last night for America- when he asked for those notes on the train system.

It was weird. America had expressed interest in the train system from Russia to Alaska, but he'd mostly left others to handle it- as well as the fact he already had the notes- Russia had given them to him. He wasn't sure if the dumbass just lost it, or maybe it wasn't him.

Something he noticed though, was that whoever sent those messages left a period at the end of their sentences and had correct capitalisation.

God, he was going crazy. It was probably just him when he was tired or something. Yet still, he texted the words 'Meeting today, you coming?' and sent them, before flipping his phone to the table. Only the Ukraine seemed to notice him even going on his phone, and she seemed to take it as a personal offense, like he was texting someone about sending more tanks, and more soldiers.

The United States was a no-show for that meeting, and nobody knew why. People had even attempted to call him, and he never answered anything- the text was left for two months.

The next meeting was in Mexico, and he swore the sun was out to get him here. The nations arrived, most of them by themselves, but this time Russia noticed that America didn't step through those doors. The Philippines seemed to notice it and care that he was missing- as did Canada, but besides that everyone was just enjoying the silence, ignoring the feeling that something was deeply wrong.

Germany called him multiple times throughout the meeting, but he never answered. Eventually, in the last hour, he stood.

"Have any of you done anything that would make America pissed off enough to not come to these meetings?"