17

"They were tracking us through the damn brat," Poland hissed, and Lithuania rolled his eyes.

"Speak kindly of them, they've been through a lot," Lithuania said, grabbing onto the one who might as well be his brother's arm, "York's got his head in the clouds, it's not surprising that he missed them chipping him."

"I've seen dumb," Poland said, spinning on his heel to face the other, "that's not stupid, that's malicious."

"Yes, but you've never seen American stupidity at its full height," Lithuania snickered, and Poland glared.

"That's sad," he countered, "is America really that braindead? It is really bad to be saving cattle from slaughter? He's not even worth it. I get it, family and all-"

He waved his hand, and Lithuania realized in that moment that he didn't understand family. Not anymore.

"But seriously?" he guestered at something vague around them, "There's no way. There's no way an American would miss that. We've both seen them. We helped spies during the Cold War, we know that they're capable of. We of all nations should know what they're trained to do."

Lithuania had to handle this very carefully.

York was dumb as a stack of bricks, unless he was fed. He was only dangerous after he had eaten. That food could consist of anything from drugs to alcohol to sex to just plain drinking blood. He couldn't let Poland know about this, because he might tell the other nations, and they might feed him.

'You can never give a demon what they want!' America had lectured, waving a dark, clawed finger in front of his face, 'They will always fall flat onto their instincts. To keep us humane, we must suffer like humans!'

Delicacy was dangerous.

Even Zaltana carried that same hunger, even after years of learning to control every aspect of her being she could fall into it at any moment. Especially after doing the process of regrowing a brain.

"York was never trained to be anything besides a couch potato," Lithuania deadpanned, "he's always been like this."

Poland looked at him for a second, before smirking, "You know, you're a terrible liar."

He crossed his arms over his chest, but Lithuania kept his face and his stance, only raising a brow.

"What? Think I would lie about the most disappointing of America's demon spawn?"

There was a deep breath taken from behind him, and he spun around. The Kiowa tribe and Coahoma. He took a few steps back, away from the two, as if that would help his situation.

Poland, however, seemed to have no concept of 'safety', instead laughing, "Hello ladies, nice to see you. Unfortunate that you caught us speaking about your idiot of a niece, and quite possibly us speaking ill of your brother. My apologies."

Coahoma's human arms went behind her back, as he turned to start walking away- conveniently the way to the nations was the way right past the two of them.

Her tail reached up to touch him on the chest, giving a sorry attempt of stopping him from moving that was more about respecting her than anything else.

He looked down at his chest, before continuing to walk.

She grabbed a fistfull of his hair, pulling him back. He shouted out, reaching up to claw at his attackers hands but being unable to pry them away. Coahoma would always be stronger than a country, even at her worst.

Lithuania bowed his head, not stepping forward to help Poland, even as his eyes went to him for aid. He didn't want to risk moving.

He understood well how personifications got when their buttons were pressed. Especially these personifications.