25

They walked slowly. It was silent. Flying creatures ducked their heads to the ground at orders, slinking along the dirt, their bellies rubbing against them. Florida stood at the head, close to Coahoma, who was on foot. There was a rustling.

Zaltana poked her head out, walking into the middle of the area. She spoke quickly and quietly.

"The night guards have just left, we leave now while the day guards are still waking up," nobody spoke in reply, just grabbed their reins as Zaltana mounted her zmei. The three-headed creature shook, two heads going to nip each other.

She clicked, the fur covered dragon beginning to move ahead, before spreading it's bird-like wings and powering into the air.

To tell the truth, Koko was never comfortable with day fights. Not with guns involved at least. He clicked his tongue, the red scaled creature rising into the sky. He grabbed onto the reins tightly- he had very little control of this dragon. It wasn't his, it was Texas', and he was also young.

There was a formation for a second, before it was dropped and the group scattered to get to where they needed to be. In some places the guards hadn't been stationed. In others, they were unprepared.

With their constant night attacks, the guards had been upped at night and left lax during the day. Really, it was bad to leave your quarry under guarded at any time, but it seems the company didn't have the funding to spare.

Koko looked over to Jolon. He was laying down on his hippogriff, looking down. They were on the same team. He pulled down, making a 'Shhh' sound so the dragon would dive.

He let out a sharp whistle, the dragon letting out a breath of flame. The guards stationed at the door dived away as the door was busted through. The dragon roared, landing, and Koko tried to pull him back into the air. The hallway was too small for the creature, and he scowled. He couldn't turn. He would just have to continue forward.

Jolon had already disappeared in front of him.

He dismounted, pulling out his bow. He motioned for the dragon to follow behind him. A hand moved and doors flew off their hinges. He smiled. His magic was back.

Dark vines stemmed from hinges, wrapping themselves over the floor. His eyes scanned the room, before gunshots rang. The dragon roared, smashing one of the men against the wall with his tail, biting down on the other, who ran under his wing.

He moved quickly. Defiant eyes caught his own. A bloodied woman stood in front of him, before she smiled. He did as well.

"Having fun, Tala?" he said, and Maikoh came out of nowhere, covering her sisters back. Tala waved a hand, meaning yes, and ran off a hallway. The twins made short work of any enemies on it.

He coughed, covering his face as smoke stemmed from a door. Coahoma ran out of it like a bat out of hell, hitting the wall on the opposite side before continuing to run. Gad, the Navajo tribe, was quick behind her.

"Why the fuck are there vines everywhere!" he screamed as a machine gun started to fire from inside the room, a human running forward. From the smell he could tell the bullets were coated in a poison that wouldn't necessarily kill but still be bad news.

He drew an arrow and fired, getting the human in the joint between the neck and head. The gun dropped, continuing to fire before it suddenly stopped. Bullets rained on the floor, and he made special caution to not step on any of the hot metal.

He continued on. He found groups of humans from his town, and released them. It was a process, picking through the hallways littered with bodies. Zaltana moved humans over the threshold quickly, in large groups.