5

"She's weird," Prussia mumbled. Russia, Belarus, Lithuania, and Romano were gone, and nobody knew that they were going. Canada, Zaltana, and Romania were gone too, and they knew they were either snooping or caring for the Connecticut kid. Otherwise, right now, they had no clues as to what to do.

So they were gossiping.

"I agree. It's not just the fact she isn't human, cause she acts human enough," Italy paused for a second as Romania slipped into the room, "it's just that she's... off."

"I guess we kinda want her to act like America," England mumbled, "but we also don't want to mix the two of them together."

"That's what I was thinking," Poland pointed at him, "but also, the communist symbol on her chest- and she's obviously had it for like, almost seventy years, it still weirds me out. That doesn't seem like something America would stay close with someone with."

"It doesn't seem like how you view him," Finland said, "we see him as the asshole of the world. The anti-communist with bullets to spare and a long list of enemies- but it seems he's living a double life. Who knows, the anti-communist bit may be an act from him."

Poland scowled at that, and Spain thought back.

"When I was colonizing South and Central America, a lot of those empires seemed to be communist," Spain said, "especially the Inca Empire though, they seemed to be doing communism before Karl Marx even breathed his first breath."

"Were they violent?" Poland hissed.

"They did religious human sacrifice," Spain shrugged, "but I wasn't exactly around to hear their political squabbles, so I don't know."

"So, you think if she is a commie, she's not... well, an asshole?"

"Probably," he replied, "they didn't seem to be like that. They just thought their Gods would get them if they didn't give them blood- actually, was that Aztec? It might have been both."

"It was both," Mexico mumbled. He was looking down at an old photo he had, and Italy looked over his shoulder. It was of him, America, and Canada, all of them smiling with their arms wrapped around each other's shoulders. They seemed happy together.

"Whoa, I didn't know America would even touch you," Italy said, and Mexico jumped, slamming the photo back into his pocket.

"What?" he asked after he had a few seconds of pause, "Of course he did... we were close before the whole 'build the wall' nonsense that started last year. He buys his... his antidepressants from me."

"America's on pills?" Germany asked, looking up at Mexico. He nodded.

"He told me not to tell anyone but he's on a lot of stuff... Stress Support for anxiety, Brintellix, Abilify..." Mexico paused, "more than 80% of his population is said to have a mental illness, and it's been affecting him since the early 2000s."

"So he's off his pills..." Germany whispered to himself.

"And likely off his rocker," England finished for him. England took antidepressants too, so he understood what it felt like to go on and off them or to have them removed, "poor bloke."

"You seem to have found some pity for him," France noted aloud, "I wonder where he is. Everything seems different without him."

"It's definitely calmer," Finland added.

"I miss my buddy," Denmark said, "it's so different without him, don't you agree, Gil?"

"Uh-huh," Prussia replied, "the chaos has always needed one more for it to work."