12

Zaltana walked into her home, alone. It was somewhere around ten at night, the other nations already asleep. She'd put fresh groceries away in the mansion kitchen after she had heard France complaining, pulling out what she had gotten for herself- two six-packs of beer.

She took one of the glass bottles in her hand, popping the tab with her claw before taking a long sip. She was restless, even when she was so tired. She'd already checked on Connecticut, done everything she could to help the nations, now she should be able to sleep.

It didn't seem that would be tonight, though.

God, where was Alfred? She looked down at the bands on her arms, sniffling. She didn't want to add another- she only raised five of her siblings -Conner had been mainly taken care of by someone else- and Alfred had been the only one that survived.

She had been close to him, taken care of him since he was little, and he lived! The only one. And now she might have to add another band for him- no! He wasn't dead yet.

She chugged the rest of the beer, placing the bottle on the coffee table before walking upstairs. She wasn't in a good mood now, having to shut her eyes tightly. No. He wasn't dead. He wasn't dead until they found a body.

Her feet almost fell out from under her, and she placed a hand on the wall to steady herself, holding her head. She took a deep breath, before walking into her room, flopping onto the bed.

Despite everything- her practically wasting her energy transforming, her stress, her pain, she couldn't sleep. The knowledge pressed into her like a nail in the forehead, and she turned onto her side, facing the bedside table.

She pushed herself up, her arms shaking, and she reached out to grab the Apple watch that Latvia had found in that cave. She stood, walking into her office. Tech was scattered around- tablets, computers. It wasn't exactly as armed as Connecticut's area, but enough for her to do extensive research.

The big computer booted up quickly enough. She entered the code on the watch carefully, before searching for an owner. Someone had to have bought this.

"Trevor Garcia," she mumbled, before starting to search for a place of work. She immediately noticed that he had an armed robbery charge from five years ago, as well as a kidnapping charge from last year. She wondered for a moment why he was walking free, before she rolled her eyes. The place of employment was easy enough to find, and she went on a private network to search through it.

It was indeed a laboratory. One where they tested chemicals and weapons, which casually meant it was where they tested chemical weapons. And by tested, she meant made.

The laboratory itself seemed to be big- had about the same square footage of the mansion that the nations now rested.

She didn't know whether to risk popping the bubble- checking the cameras. It could bring her useful knowledge, or get her location discovered, and she rather liked the fact that no one could find her house.

Her eyes scanned the satellite images carefully. This one would definitely need a plan. She could spot a heavy armory, a bomb testing area- so many things that could make one of them have to grow back a leg.

She wondered for a moment if any of them would risk this trek. She knew she would- fighting had always been fun for her, especially when she was visibly outmatched. This place also seemed like somewhere that she could see Dyami being held, which would grant her a bit of peace.

Carefully, she started marking out approximates. Where things should be. This was always questionable, especially when you went off only birds-eye view.