23

"We need to move quicker," Koko said, pushing him along. Connecticut grumbled. It was dark outside, and they were moving quickly along the underbrush. His uniform didn't fit him correctly anymore, and wasn't as skin tight as he wanted it to be, meaning it kept getting caught on bushes and bramble and slowing him down.

He tried to play it off- he hadn't gotten any shorter, he was just thinner, all the way down to the bone. The only part of him that would help them now was his abilities over electricity.

Apparently, it was unwise for him to begin his training again, so his muscles weren't as developed.

"Here's the power box," Zaltana's voice still shocked him. Her eye still bled- it hadn't completely healed, although everything else had. She was only half-sighted. Coahoma had not thought it to be a good idea for her to go, but Zaltana had been insistent.

No Europeans walked among them.

Connecticut put his hand on it. His gloves were specially made for his ability to not affect him, and were specially made to fit him down to the millimeter, and yet now they were big on him.

The surge blew out the box. He looked over to his aunt, who nodded, an ear flicking towards the building. Nevada stood there, before he whispered something. The chain-link fence shriveled away, and the emergency lights that went on flickered out.

Land mines began to undig themselves, laying on top of the soil.

"You know the drill," Coahoma said, "don't step on them."

She moved past them quickly, dodging mines on four graceful feet. Zaltana wasn't far behind her sister, and the rest of their siblings followed. York moved as well, his eyes carefully scanning the ground before each step.

Utah and Connecticut stood side by side, at the end. Even Alaska, who had just been unconscious for days was picking her way through the landmines.

"This is where I was taken after they first grabbed me," Utah said, solemnly, "my master's family was from the city near here."

"You can kill his family later," Connecticut sighed, trying to get his mind aligned. They might need him to open doors. He started moving quickly, almost stepping on black disks way too many times.

"Shouldn't papa be here?" he heard Alaska whisper to Zaltana in Russian as he passed, putting his hand on the keypad. It fizzed, and the doors began to open. He didn't get to hear her answer.

Gunfire rained on them, and he took a step back.

Adany threw both his tomahawks, before drawing out his knife. Zaltana made quick movements with her tail, slitting throats without breaking a sweat. Ziracuny and York worked in the same way- Ziracuny had been one of the ones that trained him to use his ability, so it was no surprise.

Connecticut only watched as the moisture was drained from each of the humans, creating a growing orb around each of the elementalists.

He slipped into the building. He blinked quickly to get used to the bright lights, side stepping the fighting to turn off the cameras.

Utah flew past him, his horns dripping with blood. Up to his arms he was drenched in red blood. Connecticut wondered for a moment where his knife was now, and why he wasn't using his pistol.

He didn't have long to think of his younger brother. He heard a gun load, and watched as a woman walked up to him, holding an AK-47.

"Get on the ground," she hissed. He only stared at her, finding her actions unamusing. His hand, which had been in his pocket, pulled out two poppers. He threw them to her side and she jumped, and she was gone. California's hands burnt scorched holes into her body.