A Sad Past

Jax pov

Past

          I am standing here with my black tux on with a messy bow tie holding hand of my father who was wearing the same thing except for the bow he had a violet tie. We both were standing near the burial ground where my mom was being lowered. I didn't want to cry. But I couldn't stop my tears no matter how hard I tried. They kept falling betraying me everytime. I wanted to be the strong guy my mom said I was but the stupid tears kept falling , failing her.

            During the whole funeral I was holding my father's hand. I didn't leave his hand nor did he let go of my hand. People were paying respect and talking to daddy , saying sorry giving me a pat on my head and mommies friends were hugging me saying sorry. What I didn't understand was why were they saying sorry? They didn't kill her, the bad man did, so why were they apologizing? I would usually ask these questions to my mom but now she was not here . She left us. No she was snatched from us. By the bad guy. The police will catch him and punish him. I trusted them , afterall my mom did always say that they were the good guys.

           It's been 2 months since mom went away.  Daddy hasn't left my side for once. We grew even more closer than we were before. He would always try to cheer me up  when I was sad and crying for mom. He would make my favorite food.  I know he was trying his best to keep me happy but we both knew it  was not possible, not until we and my mom got justice.

             I was playing with my toys when the police came today and daddy was talking or more like screaming to them in the hallway, something about how they are not trying hard enough.

    But what I heard crushed all my hopes. The police lady had promised me that they would catch the bad man who killed my mom. So I trusted her afterall my mom did say that they are the good guys.

           " How dare you close the case? You even have a sketch of that man so what's the problem?" Daddy was screaming at the policemen. It was the first time I saw him this angry, I was scared but I also felt betrayed. What do the police mean they are closing the case. Are they not going to catch him? But the lady promised me. Why are they breaking the promise? You shouldn't break a promise!

            A loud slam brought me out of my thoughts. The police had left and daddy angrily marched to his room. I still couldn't accept it that the police closed the case. Why aren't they doing their work ? Why did they back out on their words?

          Tears made their way down my cheeks realising that now the bad guy will be free and not behind the prison, mommy will not get Justice and the next thing I knew was daddy carrying me and calming me.

        "  Don't worry Jacky we will get our justice. The bad guy will get what he deserves. I will make sure of it. We both will. You will help me , won't you?" He asked while one hand wrapped around me and other patting my head. He knew what I was thinking about. He knew why I was crying. It was as if me and dad were thinking the same thing.

     Present

           That was the moment when we decided to begin our journey of getting rid of bad people, like a superhero as I liked to think about when I was a kid. When dad killed the guy who murdered mom, when I heard his pleading and desperate screams ,it was the best feeling in the world. I still remember that it was the best sleep after a long time I got after mom was killed. After that dad had bought this house and continued helping the good cause.

            I hope dad and mum are proud of me. They would have been so happy if they had met Fiona. They would have liked her , I mean who wouldn't? After all she is an angel ,my angel. A genuine smile takes over my face after thinking of her while cleaning my tools after torturing the bastard for a little while until he fainted.

       I must have been deep in my thoughts to notice that he had somehow removed his restraints and before I knew it he had slammed the chair on me and cuffed me to the pole using one of my own cuffs and ran off.

         Pissed off would be a complete understatement. I was completely vexed. How dare he interrupt my thoughts of angel.

               Now he managed to piss me off even more. I was going to give him an easy death but now it seems like he doesn't want it. A scowl was on my face.  Taking out the key of the cuffs from my pocket I unlocked it and took my gun and went out to search for my prey.

       He left a trail of blood making it easy to follow him. He was going to the old cherry tree where me and ny princess spend time together. I smirked, I knew the woods better than anyone. Guess he'll be just waiting for a horrific surprise. A laugh escaped from me at the thought.

       But what I didn't know was that it was me who got a horrific surprise.

        When I reached the place, he was already there. Guess there was a major adrenaline rush in him. But what pissed me off was his hands on her arms as he was frantically telling her to save him. On my princess. I was beyond pissed. How dare he taint her, how could he taint her pure, innocent soul with his bloody hands.Before I knew it I had emptied all my bullets in him.

           I was still vexed but then I remembered that Fiona was still here. I turned to her in hopes of explaining her about everything. I knew she would be angry , scared aa well but I would be very patient with her.

           What I saw was even worse than I imagined. I was not ready for the hatred, disgust and most imminent fear in her eyes.  Fear of me. She shouldn't be afraid of me. I would protect her, she should rely on me.

         She looked terribly pale and looked as if she would faint on the spot. I was right she drifted into the unconsciousness before I could reach her. I scooped her up and began the journey to home. Thinking about to do list for my love.Even after her pale face and disheveled hair and bloody clothes she looked heavenly. A proud smile came on my face when I realised that now we will be together. Forever and ever. Nobody to interfere.