Family Business

Fiona's pov

           BANG! A loud crash was heard downstairs." She's mine. She will be. "I heard Jax scream.

       " What if she doesn't want to be with you? Huh! What are you gonna do? Force her, kill her?" Came Amelia's response equally agitated. It was quiet for a while and then something clattering down on the floor and a door slamming.

    It was clear that both had gotten in a heated argument. The only time I have seen Jax this angry is when he kidnapped me and killed that man. Is he gonna kill Amelia? Did he kill her? Should I go save her? But I didn't hear anything.
     God what do I do?

     Suddenly the door slammed open. Amelia stood at the door with an irritated and angry look on her face. Her right hand had big gash near the elbow. She was covering it trying to stop the bleeding obviously not working.

"We need to get out of here. He's finally lost it. I'm calling Daniel he'll come pick us up. We'll escape while he's not here." Amelia spoke while rummaging through her bag. Probably looking for the phone .

     Shit I took the phone. Oh god. What do I do? She'll kill me for sure once she knows I took it. I couldn't move. I don't know if was because of fear or the exhaustion.

     "  I know you took the phone, I saw it in the pillow case. Don't fret about it. Just call Daniel." She said bandaging her arm.

     What?! I was shocked she knew I took her phone. Then why didn't she take it back or told Jax? Or she already did and now they are pretending? Cause one thing I know about Jax is he can be very manipulative and cunning. And  second of all I don't trust her at all. Why should I?

          I didn't move. Just sat there staring at her. She must have noticed this. She came and sat on the bed. She held my hand.

     "I know you don't trust me, dear. I wouldn't too. But trust me when I say this. Jax has changed that too for bad now."
He was not always like this? What is she talking about?I don't know what to trust? Yet I didn't stop her and just listened to her.

      She spoke calmly as if explaining a child.  "I have known Jax from when he was 12 . He was always different than others. More alert than a 12 year should be. He also had a better judgement of people.  He acted more mature than kids his age. That's why he was always looked down upon." She said softly, gazing at the wall as if remembering the 12 year old boy.

         I listened to it, trying to imagine a 12 year old boy standing out of peers his age, looking lost. "When I knew that he had recently lost his mother to a killer I connected to him." She continued. Connected to him?

     "I went to his house to try to be friends with him. When I reached there I saw him and his father killing our school janitor. He was not a good man , the janitor." She looked at me in the eyes , trying to convince me."He always used to harass girls. Touching them improperly, talking shit to them. We had tried to complaint against him but nobody listened to us. So when I saw him getting killed I was not mad, but a bit relived." She said desperately relief clear in her voice.

        "When I asked them he told me about cleansing the world. I immediately told them I wanted to join them.  His father refused at first but when I said that my parents were also killed they accepted it. His father even adopted me." She paused, took a deep breath. 'They are not bad dear, they are the guys who are staining their hands to help the good guys save the world."

      Is she for real? How does killing people help? This family is crazy.

       " I know this seems a bit absurd. You must be thinking why I'm helping you now? Jax told me that he was helping you to escape from your mother.  But when you asked where's your mother I asked my husband Daniel to do a search on you. Jax was lying to me all along. I promised his father that I will only kill bad people not innocent ones.  Jax is breaking that promise. Jax is like my brother, I'm trying to right his wrong. But for that we need to get out of here first that too fast. Call Daniel on my phone I'll go pack up some of your stuff. We need to go before he comes." She got up and left before caressing my cheek.

     WHAT THE HELL?  THIS FAMILY IS A COMPLETE NUTJOB. I shook my head. I took the phone from the pillow and made the call. Now I just have to wait and pray. Please let everything go smoothly.