A Ray Of Hope

Fiona's pov

           I felt cold sensation on my forehead.  My body felt heavy and numb. I opened my eyes but everything was blurry. Moving my head I could see a silhouette of a woman and a syringe in her hand. Where am I? Is she a doctor? Did I got saved? So what I saw wasn't a dream? I'm truly saved. I tried speaking. But what came out was a hoarse voice.

    "Oh dear your awake. How are you feeling?  Here drink some water. You must be thirsty."

        She helped me sit up and handed me a glass of water. I grabbed it and its contents, I felt a lot better as the cool liquid soothed aching throat.

          "Where's my mom? "I asked the lady who's name I didn't ask.

        She chuckled a bit. "Mom? How would I know dear? Don't you and your boyfriend Jax live alone?" She asked with a confused smile on her face.

      Boyfriend? Who? Jax ? Did Jaxon lie to her? That means I'm still trapped. That was 'a' dream. Me escaping was a dream.

     " Is your head still hurting? I just gave you medicine, it'll subside in a few minutes. Please don't cry.' She said wrapping an arm around my shoulder and helping ne lay down.

       She doesn't know that I'm kidnapped ? She thinks that me and Jax are a couple.

        " No , no he's not my boyfriend. He kidnapped me. You have to help me, please. He'll kill me . He's already killed somebody. Please help me."

            Her eyes which showed care and warmth just a minute ago was suddenly replaced by hard glare and disappointment. Her grip on me tightening. She quickly recovered and smiled what was supposed to be a gentle smile.

          "Kidnapped you? Kill you?  Honey I know that Jax had upset you. But you'll be the last person he'll hurt. Trust me he'll come around.   He can't express himself . You'll understand it. I know him since he was a kid . He hasn't changed a bit if you ask .....'

          She knows Jax, she knows that he kidnapped me. Then why the heck isn't she helping me? Is she helping him?Anger coursed through me.

        " If you know what's going on then help me. Don't just sit there and lecture me.  "

     That's what I wanted to say or scream at her. But I had to play it wisely. If she knows what's going on then she must be helping him. What's happening in my life?
Tears began flowing from my eyes. I quickly wiped it before the lady could notice it . She seemed to be deep in her thoughts. Her eyes were focused on absolutely nothing and she had her fist clenched. Boy was she pissed? I still don't know her name? 

          "Umm... Miss, what's your name? "

     "Ah.. uhm.. what did you say? "

        "I asked what was your name,  I still don't know your name."

     ' Ohh Amelia. My name's Amelia." She replied a bit startled.

       "Amelia I want to change. The clothes feels icky. "

       "  Of course , um.. where are your clothes?" She asked still a bit startled.

      "You can ask Jax . He'll know. Sorry for troubling you."

         I needed her to leave the room to know where we are right now. It was different room from where I had been kept . I was on a bed rather than on a mattress.
         'Yeah I'll go get it. You rest here. I'll be back in a second." She left the room as if it was on fire.

         I sat up properly and got up from the bed. It was a bit difficult but I got up.  It was a spacious room with almost minimum to no furniture. I walked to the big window which almost covered the wall.

        Well good thing I was still near the neighborhood.  I recognised the woods and the trail. It felt so good to feel the warm sun on my face. It's been so long. But I had to work fast if I have to get out. When I finally get out of this place I'll hardly be inside the house.

     I was still feeling a bit dizzy making my walk a bit funny.

      I walked to the dresser. Amelia had left her suitcase on the dresser. There must be something useful for me. Twizzers, what am I gonna do with it? A scalpel and scissors, perfect. I took the scissors and hid it under the pillow.

        As I was closing the suitcase I found something which will help me 200%.  A cell phone.

        I almost cried at the sight if it. I heard footsteps coming towards me. I quickly closed the suitcase, hid the phone in the pillow and sat on the bed as if I just sat up.

     "I brought you clothes. Do you want any help changing?"  Amelia came with clothes and snack with her.

      'No, no no I'll do it myself.' I said with much more confidence in my voice. Hoping she doesn't suspect anything.

      " Oh ok I'll leave these here. I also brought some soup for you. Eat something light for the time being, your fever just went down. We don't want to revoke it again, do we? "

       She spoke as if I was a small kid. I just hummed and smiled in response. She stood for a while just looking at me for no reason, absolutely freakin me out.

     " Umm.. can you go out I need to change." 'And also hide the scissors and  your phone properly' I said in mind.

      " Of course sorry' she said awkwardly and going out. I also heard a lock clicking. Well ,what else did I expect? 

       I quickly changed my clothes and hid the phone and scissors in the pillow shoving them in the cotton and covering it properly with the pillow cover.

        Now I just have to be patient and careful, otherwise everything I did so far will be for nothing. After settling and calming down a bit I roamed my eyes around the room in search of particular nothing, my gaze finally settling on the soup.

         I didn't know I was this hungry. I drank the soup feeling a lot better and laid down.Even after just waking up I felt sleepy. I tried to stay awake. But after few minutes I succumbed to sleep with the thought of escaping this hell.