The Proposal and The Plan

Fiona's pov

          I had been awake for half an hour now, yet I still am not able to calm down.  Jax had killed a guy and now he's kidnapped me. Is he going to kill me too? But if he is going to kill me then why did he bring me here? The room I'm in is exactly like my dream room. From the bedsheets to the library and even the stars stickers sticking on the ceiling. As if it was made for me.

          My head is pounding from all the thoughts. Either that or because I didn't have anything to eat. I opened the mini fridge and it was loaded with all my favourite food. From my favourite chips to favourite drink. I took a drink and drank it in one go. I needed to get my thoughts straight if I have to get out of here safely.

             I explored the room for anything to help me escape. But there was none. There was not even a single window here. Defeated I decided to see the bookshelf. It had my favourite series and books from favourite authors. There in the drawer of the dresser, there were some notebooks and pens as well as colouring tools. I decided to jot down my thoughts, it always helps me to think.

           Its been almost three hours since I woke up. There is yet no sign of Jax yet. I had devised my plan to get out of here, alive. I also hid the diary in the mattress. Right now I was reading Alice adventure in Wonderland, waiting for Jax to come.

            On cue, jingling of keys was heard and the door opened revealing Jax holding a food tray. He came in with a smile and placed the tray on the floor before locking the door once again. I returned his smile with mine hoping he will buy it. Well at least tried.

        "Hey Fio , how are you feeling? Is your head still hurting? I brought pills ,but first eat something. I also cooked  you your favourite meal." He said in one breath as if he was scared. What was he scared about?

        I kept my smile and thanked him for the food. It was difficult, here he was sitting and talking like he just didn't kidnapped me or killed somebody. I didn't say anything and just thanked him. He visibly relaxed at the reply and served the food.

        We began eating in complete silence with just clanking of the plates. I could feel his eyes on me. I decided to play my first step, get him talking. I needed to know where I am and how long am I missing? Mom must have noticed me missing and reported it. But I too needed to play it safe.

         " Hey um Jax, how long have I been sleeping?" I asked Jax while fiddling with the spoon, hoping he doesn't get vexed.

        " You were out for two days. I was so worried, you had hurt your head pretty bad. I couldn't even function properly. You gave me such a scare you know. But I'm glad your alright now. "He said leaning over grabbing my hand and holding on it and caressing my cheek with his other hand.

             "Oh, I'm sorry for making you worry.". I said with a fake smile. I had to gain his trust. I needed to know where I was. But I don't want to anger him, I don't wanna die here.

       But it seems like my mouth has its own mind. Before I can think of I asked him

    " Where is this place? Where am I?"

        His demeanor changed in a second. He withdrew his hand and the hold on his spoon increased leaving his knuckles white.

       "Why do you want to know? Do you not like anything here? I'll change it for you. Just tell me what do you want ok? Just don't leave, please."

         He said his voice changing from anger to pleading tone in a second. The sudden change in his behaviour scared me so much. I have to be even more careful.

      " No , no everything is perfect I just wanted to know where I am. I promise." It seemed to work as he visibly relaxed.

       After our lunch, he collected all the plates and kept them near the door. He came in and sat near me on the bed.

       " I wanted to talk to you.Look, I'm sorry about whatever you saw yesterday. I didn't meant for you to see it. But he ran and when I saw that he touched you I lost it and in a rage I killed him. But I promise you he was not a good person. He deserved it. But you didn't had to see it. I really love you.  I hope you can forgive me. Please don't be mad. I'll do anything so you can forgive me. I'm really sorry."

        He loves me? He wanted my forgiveness. He doesn't feel bad that he killed him. He wanted my forgiveness.

         Its like this is something ordinary for him. It's more difficult now. I thought he wanted to kill me, but now its going to be much difficult for me to escape with his constant mood change.

        He squeezed my hand when I was taking too long to reply. I had to play it wisely.

       " Of course I forgive you."  I said trying to keep my tone from wavering which failed miserably. But he didn't seem to focus on it as his face brightened and a large grin broke out on his face. He hugged me tightly.

       " Thank you so much Fio, I knew you would understand me. I was so scared you wouldn't forgive me. But you did. I'm so happy. You should rest. You must be tired. We'll talk tomorrow,Take this pill, its for your headache."

        He said getting up aand handing me the pill from a medicine box he brought which somehow I didn't notice. Weird.

         He waited till I swallowed the pill.

         "You should sleep now. I'll leave now. Good night my dear Fio." He said.

        " Good night". I said suddenly feeling very tired and a yawn escaping me. I felt lips on my cheeks. It was quick peck. I opened my eyes in shock. He kissed me.

       Jax left with a big smile and a his cheeks red, while I was in a shock. I rubbed my cheek, disgust filling me.

       I needed to get out of here, that too fast. With that thought my eyes closed and I succumbed to sleep.