First Meeting

Fiona pov

So my mom decided that since its been a week since we arrived and are all unpacled amd settled it would be a good idea to go pay a visit to our one and only neighbour. Usually I would never mind taking a walk from the woods but since I was in middle of my reading I was not happy and a little bit angry as well . I hate it when someone interrupts me when I'm reading. That was the reason I was so unhappy why can't people understand that? Yet mom dragged me along. One thing about her she can be pretty stubborn if needed.

I was so pissed off the entire walk. But all the anger flew right out of the window when I entered our new neighbour house. He was a really good looking guy. He invited us in and my mood brightened up instantly. His living room was like a mini library. He had decorated it preety well as well with fairy lights and some small fake plants as well. He had a book of every genre. He even had a copy of the fault in our stars. If I had something like this at my home I would never leave the house.

"Seems like you found my secret." Jax said appearing out of nowhere.

" It is beautiful. You've created a portal to different worlds here."I said admiring the bookshelf. Not taking my eyes off it."What's your favourite book?" I asked him picking up a copy of the favourite daughter and checking it.
"It's 'fault in our stars' ". He said with a sparkle in his eyes. " I do too. Who's your favourite author then?" I asked with happiness clear in my voice. I didn't have any friends at the last place since I was treated like a bad imen. So it was nice to have someone with same taste of yours and accepting as well.

It was nice to know him and be friends with him. And that is how we spent the entire evening. Talking and getting to know each other. Mom had to attend a work call so she left a while ago. We learnt more about each other. We had a lot more in common. Except he likes cooking and is great at cooking. While I can't cook to save my life. We even made some snacks to eat and by we I mean him. While I sat on the barstool watching him cooking and seeing him enact his favourite characters from movies and books . I had never laughed this much.I laughed till my stomach hurt and my eyes teared.

We spent the whole time goofing around. When I looked outside it was already dark. I didn't know when this much time passed. Mom must be worried. As if she read my mind my phone started ringing.

"It's late ana , dinner is also done. Come home." Mom said in a motherly tone.

"Coming in 5 , love you. " I said ending the call not before hearing I love you from the other end. It was a thing between us to say love you instead of saying bye.

" Who was it? " Jax asked. His voice was eerily calm and dark tone underlying his voice with a smile on his face which for some reason seemed forced. Something which is completely opposite of him.

Still a little startled I answered. "It was my mom. She was worried since its late and its also almost dinner time. So I should get going. I'll see you soon." I said grabbing my things making my way towards the door.

"No, stop" he said grabbing my arm. "I mean, its already late and you are also new here so let me take you home. That is if you don't mind." His eyes again returning to its soft, warm glow. And almost pleading.

I agreed without a second thought. What he said was right. I easily tend to get lost. And this is new place so I'm 100 % sure I will get lost.

The walk home was quite peaceful with him making a few jokes here and there. There was no sign of that anger anywhere. He returned to his goofy self.

" Well here you are." He said stopping in front of my house.
"Yeah , well see you soon." I said rushing the goodbye. I was hungry. I was impatient to eat , well what can you say when the delicious aroma of your favourite food reaches your nose its hard to wait.

He left soon too after our quick goodbye. By the time dinner was over it was quite late and I was quite tired. I still wanted to complete the book. Mentally deciding to complete reading the book tomorrow I drifted off to the awaiting place of Dreamland.

Jax pov

' You left the window open you silly girl.' I thought while gazing at her through her window.
She seemed pretty tired she slept as soon as her head hit a pillow. One thing I learned about her is that she is clearly impatient when it comes to food and sleep. And hates it when someone interupts her reading time.

'As much as I love to gaze at you. I have work to do. I have to clean the place from filthy people for you to live without a fear.'
'See you soon angel.'