Chapter 13: Stolen

-Juvia's POV-

"Juvia, I love you. Please go out with me?"

My heart had begun to sink into a shallow pool of darkness the moment I heard those fated words. Something, somewhere in my heart had shattered.

I was speechless.

No matter how much I tried, I could not answer him. I wanted to reply, but the words wouldn't come out.

I didn't know what to say.

I was being reunited with a very special fragment of my past, but all I could do was widen my eyes in shock.

Right then, he emerged into my mind. His smiling face, and his dark, sapphire eyes stared softly into my own, as his messy raven hair complimented his handsome features.

Again, it's him. Again, it's this striking pain in my heart.
Why?

I'm conflicted; I'm hurt.

"I don't want to love, I'll just hurt everyone. I killed Mother, and I killed Lee.", I replied to his confession, as painful tears began trickling down my cold, dry face.

No, that's not it. It's something else.

"Juvia, I never died. It was never your fault.", he attempted to reassure me, pulling me into his embrace, while wiping away my tears with his delicate fingers. This warmth, this kindness, I know it all too well.

I once loved it.

I quickly pulled away and refused to look him in the eye. I couldn't bear to face him, not like this.

"Juvia.", he said my name, cupping my chin into his hand and lifting my head, forcing me to meet his gaze. His eyes were full of sadness, and mine were only full of guilt.

"Someone else has stolen your heart, haven't they?"

Huh?
His face appeared again, with the same heart-warming smile. Dammit, he's always on my mind.

"Gray", I silently whispered to myself.

I can't be, can it?

"No-", I stopped myself before I even began. I can't keep on denying it. It's been like this for a while, and I've noticed it.

After a minute of total silence, I regained my composure and finally answered him honestly.

"I'm sorry Lyon, I can't return your feelings right now. I don't know why, but I'm starting to feel that you were right.", I began.

"My heart has in fact been stolen. It's been stolen by Gray Fullbuster."

As I released the truth, I felt an unbearable amount of pain being lifted off of my shoulders. However, upon actually realising what I had announced, I started blushing intensely.

"And I'll steal it back!", he confidently remarked back, grabbing my hand and holding it to his chest.

"Juvia, I love you. That will never change."

____________________________________________

Yes, I know. I have no life. I'm updating really quick, because my ideas are flowing a lot better now.

For the first time, I actually quite like the way the plot is going.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please comment your opinion & vote! >w<