Chapter 2: Awkward

-Juvia's POV-

"Tch, annoying."

He responded, staring at me with those cold, blank eyes. Those words kept resonating in my head.

"How can he say that? Didn't I just defend him?", I thought, as my expression began changing uncontrollably. Glancing at me once more, he attempted to leave.

At that moment, I heard the door sliding open, only to see Lucy holding one hand on her hip, and pointing the other at Gray. "Oh boy, this isn't going to end well", I whispered to myself, holding the palm of my hand to my face in dismay.

"Oi, Fullbuster! How dare you speak to Juvia-chan that way?", she exclaimed, her cheeks turning rose pink in frustration.
"It's another one, huh?", I heard him sarcastically muttering to himself before turning around.

Again, it's that cold gaze. It sent chills down my spine. Reverting my attention back to Lucy, I saw fear in her eyes.

"What do you want?", he spoke bluntly, those words like a bullet piercing through metal. Almost paralysed by his hostility, Lucy was unable to respond.

"Don't waste my time.", he remarked after waiting for a response. He then proceeded to leave the classroom, slamming the door behind him.

I was speechless.

-Bell rings-

"Well, let's get to lesson then, Juvia-chan.", Lucy said while smiling, trying to ease the tense atmosphere. "Hmm, okay", I replied, following behind her, still in deep thought.

"How can he be so cold? I've never met anyone like him.", I pondered, my head facing the floor.

"Did I do something wrong? I was just trying to be kin-"

"Ow."

I murmured as felt my head clashing into someone's chest, dropping all of my books.

It was firm, but comfortable.

"Great. It's you again.", a harsh voice spoke.

Again?

"Ah, sorry.", I replied, quickly scrambling for all my books. The boy then crouched down, and picked up one and handed it to me. Lifting my head up to see who it was, I jumped.

"G-Gray-san? Um, thanks.", I stuttered, awaiting his chilling gaze. "Wait a minute. He helped me?", I accidentally thought out loud.

"It's just common courtesy."

His speech was still as emotionless as ever, but suprising nevertheless. So, in response, I simply laughed and smiled, saying, "Don't worry about it."

Fullbuster? Maybe he's not bad so after all.

_________________________________________________________

I don't know about this chapter, I feel like it's weak. Please vote and comment your opinions if you like it. It motivates me to write!

I hope you enjoyed this Chapter! <3