Chapter 3: Is this love?

-Gray's POV-

-Next Lesson in English-

"I only helped her out of common courtesy. That's all. There's no way I'd feel guilty for being rude to her.", I convinced myself, while unconsciously staring at the back of her blue, wavy hair.

"Gray Fullbuster. Gray Fullbuster.", my name only registering in my mind after hearing it a few times. Deep in thought, I ignored everything going on in class.

"Ah, sorry.", I stood up apologising, awaiting instructions.

"Recite what we just read out.", he said, a smirk appearing on his face as if he knew I would fail. Of course, of all classes it just had to be English. "Uh..Th-" I stuttered, before being cut off.

"What's wrong, Fullbuster?", Sensei interrupted, his smirk widening in pleasure.

How irritating. I couldn't even finish.

"You're never like this.", he added, staring at me with a suspicious expression.

It's all that girl's fault. Why was I thinking of her anyway? Forget it.
"Sorry, I'm just a little out of it.", I replied, uncontrollably twitching my eyebrows in anger.

Juvia Lockser. She's troublesome.
I need to avoid her.

-Bell rings-

"Okay class, memorise this for next lesson. You are dismissed."

-Lucy's POV-

I started packing up my equipment, but I noticed Gray doing something unusual. He is a despicable, and strange person, but this was definitely unlike him.
"He was staring at Juvia? Moreover, those cold eyes. They weren't there?", I thought, confused.

No way. Could it be that he likes her?

No, that's impossible.

Considering the way he spoke to her earlier, I shouldn't even suggest the idea of him having feelings for her. But, maybe it isn't entirely impossible.

Turning around, I glanced at Juvia, and her gaze was absolutely focused on the black-haired pretty boy. Stealing a glance at his face, I must admit despite his attitude problems, he is extremely attractive for a male. He's got a chiseled jaw-line, messy raven-black hair, and olive tanned skin - it's perfection. I would probably be interested in him if he didn't have that twisted personality.

Wait.
"Why were they staring at each other secretly? Did something happen?, I wondered, somehow allowing myself to smile uncontrollably.

Does Juvia like him? I couldn't help but blush at the thought. Juvia has been my friend for years, and she's never been interested in anyone, even though she is popular among the boys herself. This would be a massive milestone for her, but why him?

Standing outside class, waiting for her to leave, I ambushed her.

"Juvia!", I accidentally screamed in excitement.
"Aaaaah! Oh, it's Lucy. You gave me a heart attack!", she panted holding her hand to her chest.

In a hurry, I grabbed her arm, and dragged her away into an empty classroom.

-Juvia's POV-

"Huh? What's going on? Why is Lucy dragging me away.", I thought, confused. Before I knew it, we were in an empty classroom, and she was staring at me intently.

"W-What is it?", I nervously questioned her, while my heart-beat was increasing rapidly, hoping I hadn't done anything wrong.
"Juvia. I need to ask you a question.", her voice finally spoke, with the palm of her hand delicately patting my shoulder. I nodded, and after what seemed like an eternity, her mouth moved again.

"Do you like Gray Fullbuster?", she asked, her voice firm and confident.

"Eh?", I immediately screamed out, the question repeating itself in my head. This is what she wanted to ask me? How could I possibly like him? The idea is ridiculous. Even though I was thinking this, my face turned red at the sudden question.
"W-why do you ask?", I quietly questioned, clearly embarrassed by it.

"Well, both of you were staring at each other during lesson.", she said, with her eyes fixated on mine, awaiting a reaction.

"He was looking at me?", I thought, my blush now becoming stronger.

With the situation becoming unbearable, I turned around and walked away, responding with a hesitant,
"N-No."

As I was going home, I was still feeling nauseous. "Why did I hesitate? Do I actually like him?". My heart sunk at the thought.
"No, it can't be. We only just met. I just got caught up in the moment. That's all.", I convinced myself, letting out a sigh in relief.

That's right, it's not love.

"Love" is supposed to be sacred, not something you experience on a whim.

_______________________________________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I tried to make it longer!
If you're enjoying this fan-fiction, please comment and vote! <3

If there are too many Character POV's, please tell me. I think I may have over-done it by inserting three POV's into one chapter.

Remember guys, I'm still an absolute novice, so any advice is appreciated. I mean it.