Chapter 8: Shattered Past

-Juvia's Flashback-

-When she was 6 years old-

"Mama, where are you going?", I asked, while my mum was packing her clothes.
"Oh, Juvia. I was going to tell you soon, but I'll be leaving soon. Mother has some business to do.", she said as she gently ruffled my hair, and kissed my forehead.

Her fragrance felt so warm and comforting.

"Does Mama have to go?", I questioned unable to hold back my overflowing tears.
"Mama will be back in a week.", she answered, cupping my soft baby cheeks into her hands and wiping away my tears.

Her voice was so soothing.

Mother was a well-known business-woman and entrepreneur, so she would be travelling a lot. Even then, she gives me whatever time she has, and I always wanted more.

I was selfish for asking for more.

"Can Mama come home early? It's Juvia's birthday this week.", I requested, staring into her with my puppy dog eyes.
"Mama will try her best, dear. What do you want as a gift for your birthday, Juvia?"

"You.", I replied smiling gleefully.

I wish I never had said that.

"Aw, Juvia.", she said, her eyes watering as she leaned in to hug me.

She was my happiness.

-Time Skip-

"Your dear, loving Mother, Coraline Lockser got into a tragic accident on the 5th November 2004 where she lost her precious life. We offer our condolences to the Lockser Family. - Fiore Airlines"

What?

"L-lost..l-l-l-life.", I whispered to myself as tears slowly leaked out of my punctured heart.

"Mama?! Come back! Juvia needs you!", I screamed in unbearable agony, as I felt my vocal chords straining while tears kept rolling down uncontrollably.

It was my fault. If only I hadn't asked her to leave early. I was selfish.

I killed her.

-2 years later-

Soon, I gave up on life as a whole. Without my mother, I had no reason to live. I was soon taken in kindly by my mother's long-term friends, but I never wanted to be cared for, I just wanted to die.

I was bullied and called gloomy at school. I didn't want my worthless life any longer. That is, until I met Lyon Vastia. I used to playfully call him Lee, and he made my life worth living. However, he was terminally ill and he often lost his memory, even forgetting his own family.

"Juvia-chan? Why are you crying?", his soft voice spoke, slightly warming my frozen heart.

"Juvia isn't crying.", I quickly defended myself, even though I clearly was.

He walked over and sat down next to me, and stared into my eyes, making me blush.
"You know, I hate seeing you cry Juvia. You're a beautiful person inside and out. I only want to see you happy, because you're an amazing person who deserves to experience happiness.", he spoke, wiping away my tears.

Those words, no one, apart from my mother had said to me. I was touched, deeply touched. I vowed from that day onwards that I will live my life to be happy, even through hardships.

"Thanks, Lee.", I said, genuinely smiling for the first time in years.

He soon disappeared though. Without a single trace.
I simply got a note saying that he was no longer in this world. I couldn't even attend his funeral.

He just vanished from my life, and as a way to forget my past, I changed.

I became the person I am now, but forgot an important emotion in the process.

Love.

-Now: Juvia's POV-

"Lee..." The tears just wouldn't stop as I fell to the floor. The wall I put up all these years, it's finally collapsed.

It can't be him. I just can't be.

Help me, someone.

"G-Gray...", I muttered under my breath.

-Gray's POV-

"Where is that fool? She's late.", I thought while my frustration was growing.

"I'll go find her then. Seriously, what is she doing? Don't tell that guy did something to her?"

___________________________________
Juvia. T^T
If you liked this chapter, please vote and comment! <3

I tried to make this chapter longer. I hope you guys liked it!