Chapter 16: Devious

-Gray's POV-

"Gray, I like you."

"What?", I instantly blurted out, and at that point my heart had literally exploded. Overcome with surprise, I quickly turned around and sighed in relief to see her still half-asleep.

She probably doesn't know what she's saying. It's nothing big.

"Oh, look. How bold.", I heard an overly amused voice announce.

Oh, god. I had almost forgot about Mirajane in that heart-wrenching moment.

"I shouldn't have to explain myself to you, but what you're seeing has no meaning.", I quickly responded.

"Really? But weren't you literally on top of her a minute ago? To an average person, it looks a bit too intimate to be a friendly encounter.", she piled on to the mess with her irritating tone of speech.

What a nuisance.

"Look, think whatever you want. I couldn't care less.", I rebutted with a hint of anger in my voice.

Wait, how is she throwing me off guard so easily?

After that, I lifted Juvia onto my back, and left for the medical room.

However, as I left, I received 'the' smirk from the resident witch. If they call me ice, she's the glacier that sunk the titanic. I can't afford to mess with her.

•••

"You've fallen for her, Gray Fullbuster."

"It's obvious.", she smirked to herself. "This photo of them will come of use."

I apologise deeply for this extremely short chapter after such a massive break from this story. I've started AS Level and it's a lot of responsibility. Also, it's not just that. I feel that my writing for this story is becoming weak, resulting in a massive block. However, I've got holidays and I will try to write a few chapters for you all.