Chapter 20: Tense

-Juvia's POV-

So, we're back to tutoring again, but this time, there is a strange tension between us.

It's all your fault, Lucy!

I glanced up to look at what he was doing, but he was just intently focused on creating more questions for me to answer. Recently, we've had a more relaxed atmosphere, but now, we're back to square one.

I thought I finally got rid of his "I'm going to murder you look", but Lucy just had to bring it back.

"Juvia, solve these.", his voice suddenly interrupted my thought trail.

I quivered a bit, nodding my head yes and then took the paper from him. He glanced at my paper, and then frowned.

"Hey, are you even doing anything?"

I shook again. For some reason, I was scared he would do something to me. The atmosphere was just so tense.

"Hey!", he exclaimed grabbing my empty sheet of paper.

After taking a good look, he just stared at me plainly.

"What's wrong?", his voice softened -thankfully- but there was an obvious anger that he was hiding.

"Nothing.", I replied, snatching the sheet away.

I can't tell him after all. It was wrong of her to make those accusations without any context.

"If you're worried about what your rude friend said, don't worry."

"I don't know how she found out, but it's because you fainted. We were in that position because I was checking if you were okay."

"I'm sorry if it made you feel nervous.", he finished.

My nerves are gone, but why do I feel so disappointed?

Juvia, you pervert! What did you want?

"Ah, I see. I was really more concerned about how tense you seem, to be honest."

Play it cool, Juvia.

"I'm tense because you're not doing any work. I have to tutor you until you get back on track.", he retorted, but I could sense the faint smile at his own joke. 

Why did I have to fall in love with this jerk?

A/N:

Sorry  for disappointing all of you with my absence. I'm back now and better than ever.(Well, I hope.)