Chapter 10: I'm Sorry.

-A week later at Lunch-

-Juvia's POV-

I can't look at Gray in the face anymore, not that he ever looks at me anyway. It's like that embrace, I mean friendship hug never happened. More importantly, I haven't seen Lyon around, and I've been meaning to face him.

I can't get the thought out of my head.
"What if he is really Lee..", I pondered, accidently blurting those words out.

"Who's Lee?", a cheeful voice spoke.
Oh god, I forgot that I was at school, and not at home.

"Oh, it's Lucy..um, he's no one.", I said while smiling trying to get off the topic. I didn't really want to speak about my past with anyone, not even Lucy-san.

To be frank, I'm quite annoyed with myself. Lee is no longer in this world, and I'm just opening those wounds I worked so hard to heal.

Yes, that's right.
He's dead.

While I was in thought, I managed to somehow completely ignore Lucy, and when I finally came to realise it, she had a very worried expression on her face.

"Juvia-chan. You've been really out of it recently. I'll always be here, so don't be afraid to talk.", she said very softly.

I know Lucy-san really cares about me, but my past is something that I left long-ago. I promised to live happily, and allowing people into my dark abyss of thoughts will only undermine that promise.

"It's actu-", I stopped myself before I even began.

I must get through this alone. I must face Le- no, Lyon alone.

"No, it's really just nothing. I've just been tired recently.", I replied, nervously trying to force a smile. After finishing my sentence, I got up and left to get some air.

Sitting on the empty field, and staring at the clear, blue sky filled with clouds, I began thinking.
"It's not that I don't trust Lucy, I just don't want to reveal my past. It's my problem.", I muttered to myself, trying to take away my growing guilt.

Still in deep thought, I noticed a sillouhette approaching me. Turning around to see who it was, I noticed his distinct messy, raven hair.

Gray? What's he doing here.

Indicating for me to move over with his hand, he sat beside me. For some reason, my heart started beating at unbelievable rates. My eyes followed every tiny movement of his body with great detail. It's understandable, right? I haven't seen him in a week and everything.

"So, what's up?", he awkwardly asked.

Taking a deep breath to allow my thoughts to stabilize, I responded with a "Nothing much."
Juvia, seriously. Why do you always get all weird around this boy? He's not anything special. Idiot!

After after minute of painful silence, he surprisingly opened his mouth.

"Look, I hate seeing you cry for some odd reason, so I wanted to check on you.", he spoke, while I stared in surprise at not only the kindess, but also at the hint of red forming on his cheek.

Looking into his deep, colbat coloured eyes, a blush also formed on my face.

I hate seeing you cry.

Those words, they're so famliar. But why?
Why do you care about me? I'll just end up hurting you.

Like I did to my Mother and Lee.

It was my fault.

Without noticing it, tears began falling slowly, each one splattering onto the floor, like the people I once loved. Soon, I struggled to breathe, with each desperate gasp of air that I took, only releasing itself as a painful whimper.

Why am I crying? I touched my face in confusion and attempted to wipe away my tears, but they just kept coming back.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!", I finally screamed out in agony, punching Gray's firm chest. Soon, my punches became weak, and he grabbed my arms. "Juv-", I cut him off

"I never meant to hurt you."

I released a quiet sob, while meekly punching his chest one last time beforing collapsing into his lap.

I never meant to hurt you.

I'm sorry.

_____________________________________________________

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! <3

Please vote & comment!

I won't be able to update for a few days, as I've got some intense school-work to get done.