Chapter 12: Shatter

-Juvia's POV-

I'm afraid, but I must do this.
I must face him.

"Please tell Lyon-san to meet me at the roof-top.", I nervously requested an upperclassman. They simply nodded their head, and replying back with a light smile as a form of gratitude, I began heading for the rendezvous point.

I'm scared. Lee, he was someone special to me, and if it's not him, I know I will break.

As I was in thought, a tear escaped my lonely eyes. It was not a tear of sadness, but confusion.
Somewhere in my heart, I felt as if I was forgetting someone else important.

Why do I feel like I've abandoned my true feelings?

While I was in conflict with my mind, a vivid picture of a raven-haired boy wearing a gentle smile appeared, who was sleeping soundly on my lap.
I felt a blush grow on my cheeks, quickly heating up my entire face.

What was that?

Ignoring my rather strange thoughts, I re-focused my attention onto what I intended to do. Taking a deep breath before opening the heavy door, I saw a silver-haired boy staring into the distance. Somehow, he was already there before me. Lee has always been quick at getting around to tasks.

No, it might not be him. I can't make assumptions, especially since he is probably no longer in this world.

Coughing to gain his attention, my heart stopped as he turned around to expose that long forgotten smile, while the gentle breeze lightly caressed his soft, spiky hair, causing it to dance along with the wind.

"It just has to be him.", I instantly muttered under my breath, while a few tears began falling, splattering silently onto the ground.

Immediately, his pleasant smile turned into a look of worry.
"What's wrong, Juvia?", his familiar soft voice spoke, while he wiped away my tears with his warm, delicate fingers.

"Lee...", I meekly managed to whisper as I ran out of breath. I was close to collapsing.

My heart can't take this. Everything began to become hazy until he spoke again.

"Juvia, you remembered me."

My tears stopped abruptly, and my eyes contorted in shock.

Remember?
"You're.. Lee?", I managed to slowly mouth the words.

"Yes, and I'm sorry for leaving you for so long. I'm so sorry."

He replied solemnly, as tears began slowly building up on his eyelids.

"Lee?"
He had suddenly positioned the weight of his head on my shoulder, and I could feel my blazer being soaked in his hot tears.

"Juvia, I'm so happy. We're finally together again.", he lifted his head with his eyes glimmering under the light, staring pleadingly into my own.

Taking a small pause, he began his next sentence.

"I love you, Juvia. Please go out with me?"

At that moment, I felt my heart shatter.

Why?
After losing Lee, I've never been able to love anyone else, so why am I so conflicted?

____________________________________________________________

Please check out my new story, Forgotten Tears! <3
I don't know about about this chapter. If you like the way the plot is going, I'll keep it. I'm just scared to involve Lyvia since I'm not great at writing about them.

Please vote & comment!