Chapter 4: Be Normal

A/N: Thanks for all the support that this fan-fiction is getting. I really didn't expect to be getting any reads at all, so I really appreciate all the comments and votes! <3

-The next day-

-Juvia's POV-

Last night I couldn't get any sleep. Lucy's question kept resounding in my head, and I kept doubting my own feelings.

Sleepless, with sand-bags under my eyes, I hopped onto the bus and started contemplating what I should do if I run into his firm ches- I mean, Gray-san.

"I'll just act normal. Be nice, wave "Good Morning" and then proceed to walk away."

Perfect.

That's just what I'll do. Going into school, I greeted everyone happily and finally reached the door of fate. With renewed confidence, I took a deep breath before entering the classroom. However, without noticing, I seemed to have taken a bit too long.

"Move it. You're blocking the way.", a cold voice suddenly emerged behind me, panting. Their warm breath delicately pressed against my ear, unnerving my entire body.

Turning around, I was surrounded by a tall, raven haired figure whose chest was within inches of my face. Lifting my head up to see who it was, I began blushing intensely.

"G-Gray-san?", I said nervously, my heart throbbing. Great job Juvia. You had one job - to act normal in front of him, and you blew it. It was raining earlier and I guess he didn't have an umbrella, because his shirt was partly see-through, revealing much of his toned, muscular body when up close.

"He works out?", I thought while blushing even more, still in an entranced state. (A/N: Well, they are abs-olutely perfect. Great pun, no? xD)

He towered over me, and with his hair slightly parted, covering one of his eyes, he looked down and peered into my soul - no, I meant my eyes. My eyes.

"Well, are you going to move any time soon? We haven't got all day.", he remarked sarcastically, staring at me with those emotionless eyes.

That gaze immediately broke my state of "entrancement."
"Juvia, get your act together.", I reprimanded myself, virtually beating myself with a stick in my mind. I'm not supposed to like him, but the way I was acting just now wasn't entirely convincing.

"Uh, sorry.", I replied, still flustered and moved out of the way, avoiding any eye-contact with him.

Do I like him? No way, it just can't be.

-Time Skip-

The rest of the day, I just couldn't get the graphic image of him out my head. Damn you, Gray Fullbuster! I just need to take a break.

"Juvia Lockser! Please come to the office immediately."
Everyone began staring at me, whilst I was panicking as to what I've done. I got myself up, and began walking to the office in fear. "I'm never going to get a break, am I?", I complained to myself, sighing in disbelief.

Again, standing at the door, I took a deep breath before deciding to face my death.

"You sure love standing in the way of doors, don't you?", again I hear a chilling voice creeping behind me. I knew who it was. Gray Fullbuster.
Okay Juvia, calm down and act natural.

"O-Oh hi G-Gray-san, what a-re y-you doing h-here?", I stuttered sounding very similar to a robot.

"Well done. You just had to screw it up again, didn't you.", I thought whilst kicking myself on the inside. Embarrassed, I turned and completely evaded any eye-contact.

For a moment, at the corner of my eye, I was sure that he had smiled, but I guess it was a hallucination, as he quickly chillingly replied, "None of your business.", and proceeded to enter the room.

Rubbing my eyes in confusion, I then also slid open the door and entered.

"Oh, yes. Welcome, Juvia.", the head-teacher spoke, pointing at a seat for me to sit on. To my left, sat Gray. Why is he here? He couldn't have something do with why I'm trouble am I?

"Look, Juvia. You're not in trouble.", he added, almost like he was reading my mind. "It's just that your grades haven't been great recently.", he said, now wearing a disappointed look on his face.

"I'm going to be moved down a grade, aren't I?", I kept worrying as sweat kept dripping down uncontrollably. I simply nodded to his statement, but in truth I was terrified. "Worry not!", he exclaimed, his expression somewhat easing.

"We will be assigning you a tutor, along with some other students."

After a short pause, he spouted out words that I will never forget.

"And your tutor will be, Gray Fullbuster!"
_____________________________________

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Plot twist, huh?
If you enjoyed this little twist, please vote and comment!

If you don't like it, leave comments below and I'll change it up a bit. <3