Chapter 6: Love Rival

-Gray's POV-

As I lay on my bed, I rested my arm on my forehead, staring into the blank ceiling.

"What was that today? It's almost as if I've begun to ca- no, if I admit it, I'll just end up being left alone." I was stressed, conflicted by my emotions.

"Just like my parents did."

Ever since that event, I've vowed not to open my heart ever again, because I know that "love" is merely a label, and that

I will never be loved.

"She was about to get hurt, so just like any other person would do, I saved her. It has no meaning.", I convinced myself.

Yeah, that's what it was. If I begin caring about her, I'll just end up being hurt.

-Next Day-

As I slid open to the door, to enter the classroom, the blue-haired girl was standing there, smiling at me. Her ocean-blue eyes sparkled like water being hit by beams of sunlight, while her smile seemed so sincere. It was almost beaut- What am I saying? I couldn't care less about her.

I am nothing but a tutor to her.

"What is it?", I questioned, somehow getting irritated in the moment.

"Thanks for saving me.", she replied, still smiling, ignoring my obvious hostility.

I can't figure her out. What does she want from me?

It's annoying.

Trying to avoid conversation, I pretended as if I heard nothing and walked over to my seat. Glancing back at her one last time, she stood there giggling to herself, mumbling something under her breath.

Why? Why do I keep noticing this girl? (A/N: Because you like her, baka Gray! >w<)

I spent the rest of the day writing notes in class in preparation for mid-terms as usual, until I caught something unusual happening at the corner of my eye.

Again, it's concerning her. What a nuisance.

"They soaked all my books again.", she whispered to herself, as she was holding back tears.

"Tch, how sickening.", I muttered to myself, allowing my anger to consume me.

Wait.
What am I doing? Why do I care so much anyway?

It's not my problem.

Later on in the day, during lunch, those girls returned, but this time were crowding themselves around Juvia, and cursing at her.

"You're so ugly and stupid. You have to have a tutor."
"Now she's even trying to get close to our prince using the tutoring as an excuse. What a whore.", two girls retorted, while laughing sadistically with the rest of their group.

The comments seemed to have over-whelmed her, as tears began rolling down her rose-cheeks. Despite ignoring comments like these on a usual basis, she was taken down so easily this time.

Anger began welling up inside me for some reason, and I unconsciously decided to end this on my own. However, before I could take any action, a tall figure had appeared with silver, spiky hair and a few strands concealing his right eye.

What?

"Hey! Leave Juvia-chan alone!", he exclaimed, before pushing away one of the girls in order to see her. Wiping away her tears, he slowly helped her up and introduced himself.

"Hey, I'm Lyon Vastia. I'm one year your senior, but I've noticed you since middle-school. Please go out with me?", he announced, his eyes seeming desperate, while blushing.

"Oh, it's another boy. You disgust me.", another girl said, pointing a finger at Juvia before signalling to the rest of the group to leave.

How fake. Love is not real. It will never be. Not wanting interfere any longer, I left.

As I walked off, something in my heart felt uneasy.

I wanted to help her? I thought I resolved to not caring. And, his "confession".

It made me angry?

Why?

________________________________

Since I have no life at all, I've updated quickly.
Please enjoy, and don't forget to comment and vote!

Every shoujo-like story must have a love-rival. It could've been Lucy, but that's boring.
Who will Juvia choose?

Lyon Vastia or Gray Fullbuster?