Chapter 23: Date [Part 1]

-Juvia's POV-

Gray and I have been getting along better than ever recently - surprisingly Lucy's rage has only brought us closer. So, why do I feel so tense.

"Juvia!", a voice sprung up like a spring. "Fancy seeing you here."

This is my classroom... and you literally came in hours earlier to try to talk to me.

"Lee... or should I say Lyon?", I questioned. My hearts hurts a little bit too much when I use his nickname. I suffered a lot and I'm sure he did too. It's probably disrespectful to our past to disregard his nickname but I think he'd rather not use that name too.

"Call me Lyon. Lee is your friend. Lyon will be your boyfriend.", he casually winked after saying such swoon worthy lines - except I only would swoon if it was Gray.

"You're funny.", I remarked, laughing at what I took as a joke. 

"I'm being dead serious!", he puffed out his cheeks - okay, I'll admit that was cute. 

"I'll prove that I'm worthy. Let's go on a date. A new restaurant opened up recently.", he asked rather earnestly after composing himself in mere seconds.

Normally, I'd say no but he was my childhood friend and maybe this would be a chance to get him to stop chasing after me. I hope Gray doesn't see us together. I mean, not like he'd care.

"Okay, let's go after school.", I replied after thinking about for a few moments. 

"See you later. Alligator.", he laughed as he left.

-Time Skip-

Oh, wow this is a beautiful restaurant. My eyes suddenly had a glimmer to them as I thought about all the lovely, succulent food that I was about to inhale.

And then I remembered, this was technically a date.

"Juvia.", Lyon uttered my name to get my attention. He was wearing a full white suit, with a blue tie adorned to his outfit. 

How did he change so quickly?

"Hey. You look good.", I smiled nervously realising that this was a real date. Why am I so dumb? I thought my grades where enough but now I'm just a plain idiot.

"Thanks. I also brought you something to wear." He pulled out a figure-hugging blue dress. I cannot wear that, but at the same I desperately wanted to. I've never had the chance to feel so confident in my own body and I think I'm ready now.

"I'm only going to change into this because you're wearing something flashy.", I snatched the dress away from him and went to the rest room.

...

"You look great!", Lyon swooned. I felt a bit weird, but I knew I looked good too. The dress really accentuated the curves that I possessed. "Okay, let's eat now!"

We went inside and sat down at a table. Everything looked so fancy and brand-new. I wasn't sure if I could afford to have a meal here, but I was too embarrassed to say anything. As I was talking to Lyon about something completely random, the waiter approached us.

"Juvia?", a deep familiar voice spoke. "What are you doing here?"

It couldn't be.

A/N: In celebration of Fairy Tail's anime returning, I will be continuing all of my books - hopefully.  Enjoy!